No announcement yet.

Bluebird Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluebird Rebuild

As you all know I have a 59 T-Bird (Bluebird) and I decided to rebuild it from the ground up. I have a buddy in Castroville who has a shop and he said I can use his shop and equipment for as long as I need too. I will be completely tearing this car apart and rebuilding it from the ground up. First I will be removing the engine, trans, rearend, then the interior, and suspension. It has some rust issues but I will have a professional welder come out and repair the unit body. I also have a body and paint guy scheduled during this rebuild. I myself will be rebuild everything else. I will be documenting this rebuild from step to step and update you all as I progress. I have rebuilt many cars over the years and I am looking forward to doing this 59 T-Bird. If any of you all have any questions during this rebuild feel free to ask me. This process should not take more than several months to complete but when it's done she will be a beauty....Det45
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

Sounds great, heck u have me all excited now!! I hope ur credit card has a (0) ZERO balance right now!!! LOL!!

-Jon
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Anders
      Super-Experienced
      • Jan 19 2008

Aaaahh! I need a friend like that. And your budget. That is what I would like to do, but it will take a few years before I do it.
      Why donīt take the oportunity to change colour?
      Perhaps La Bamba blue? That is fantastic! And it was a ī59 as well....
      Please take A LOT of pictures.

Last edited by Anders; April 24, 2008, 03:34 PM.
      sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• ncbird
        Experienced
        • Jan 5 2008

Buick

If I didnt have the bird I would have a 57 Buick convert or maybe a 57 olds convert with solid lifter nascar 371 J-2. Isnt it great to be with Old car guys...or Old guys with cars...
        Grant
        NCbird on the Coast of NC
        "Dads Bird" for my father

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎