Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pack Rat
    • Jul 24 2016

gas pedal question

Hey guys new here. Ford guy forever. Helping a friend out with a 60 bird. Car has been sitting 40 years with no engine. He installed engine and transmission 390 C6 and I am trying to get it running. I got the cooler lines made and alternator wired to the regulator. Today I went to hook up the gas pedal and and at a loss. I see no hole in the fire wall to make it work. Pedal itself is laying in he floor but nothing goes to it. Any one have a picture of what it is supposed to look like? Friend is a pinstriper. Little crazy but none the less a cool job.

Last edited by simplyconnected; July 24, 2016, 09:20 PM.
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

There's a round hole about the size of a quarter where the pedal linkage goes through. It looks like the Eastwood insulation is covering it up.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

gas pedal question

Gary, you need to fix your pictures. They are way to wide for this Forum. Each picture should be no more than 800x600 pixels and not side by side like you have some of them. Failure to fix that problem may cause the webmaster to have to delete them.... So please fix that problem, and if you need help, just ask..

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Pack Rat
        • Jul 24 2016

I guess I dont have a pedal assembly. How about a picture of what it looks like?

Comment

• jopizz
          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Here's the parts diagram. It looks like you have all the linkage on the engine side. The pedal bolts to the floor and there's a small rod (9727) that goes through the firewall and connects to the carburetor linkage.

John
          Attached Files

Comment

• Pack Rat
            • Jul 24 2016

that is what i needed. That is an odd setup.Are those parts available? I think I need the part that goes through the firewall. and the part that hooks to the linkage.

Comment

• jopizz
              Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

All the parts are available. Here's the rod that goes through the firewall. You can get the clip from Mac's also but your local auto store also carries them. They usually come in a package of five or six different sizes.

John

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

Gary, I did straighten out the code (and pictures) in your post.

When you point to a photobucket picture use the yellow icon above (it's supposed to look like a post card). Simply click on it and supply the url of where your picture resides. Please put an extra 'enter' between pictures so they will not be side-by-side. Use the 'Preview Post' to see how the picture will look before posting.

The chain link icon above is for pointing to whole sites like this:
                CLICK HERE
                I typed the words, 'click here' then highlighted both words (made them blue) and then I hit the chain-link icon. A window appeared and I supplied the URL for Rock Auto (in this case).

You will rarely ever need to use the e-mail icon. It is never used with pictures or links.

We stick to these 'rules' because some of our members in remote regions of the world still use dial-up and their monitors are basic. So, this is a courtesy to them.

If you have questions, send me a personal message (PM). - Dave
                Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• tbird430
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jun 18 2007

Good luck with the seal. There is is no 1958-60 firewall seal reproduced...

-Jon in TX.
                  sigpic
                  The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Pack Rat
                    • Jul 24 2016

Originally posted by tbird430
                    Good luck with the seal. There is is no 1958-60 firewall seal reproduced...

-Jon in TX.
                    I assume you mean where rod go through the firewall? Guess I will try generic one. Weird setup. I have 62 Falcon 64 Galaxie 66 Mustang 67 Cougar 66 f100 68 f250
                    and nothing is like this. A friend had a 60 mark and was similar?

Hey guys thanks for the fast help. Not used to this fast service. I tried to help a guy on a Galaxie site and he called me a name?

Comment

• jopizz
                      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by Pack Rat
                      Hey guys thanks for the fast help. Not used to this fast service. I tried to help a guy on a Galaxie site and he called me a name?
                      We don't tolerate any name calling or disrespectful behavior on this site. We're all here to help each other.

John

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎