X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • byersmtrco
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 28 2004

Carpet , floor pans etc

Well I pulled the old carpet and insulation out (and yellow powder petrified seat foam.

Note to self; Don't drive over 45 mph with no carpet in there w/windows down until AFTER you give it an industrial strength vacuum job.
    Oh and the heat off that tunnel ??!!! Who'aaaah !!!!!!!!! Definently installing that silver insulation under the new carpet.
    Is it better to put trim screws in to better hold the carpet in place??

They really padded those with hard matting and insulation. I found one area in front of the drivers seat thats rusted. It's pretty thin, with one spot the size of a quarter you can see thru. I guess I'm welding in a floor pan or patch panel. Any thoughts on that?

While I'm at it, I'll install (all four) seat belts, using the awesome instructions on this site. The upholstery on the seats will have to wait. (Nearing end of project budget) They're in pretty good shape (redone 10-15 yrs ago) The drvers seat has one tear. Dash pad is good too (non orig, but I like it) Oh and I'll install the AM/FM Cass using a stk TB faceplate. I'll use that one they supply as a template. I have two stock radios w/faceplates.

So, I'm getting close. A couple more things and we should be close. It'll never be a #1, but it'll be a 2 or 3. Just a NICE driver. I'm sure the "purists" will spot my mods, but thats fine. What a project though. Had NO idea. So as always, I appreciate any input.

Oh the 390 RIPS by the way.

Thanks
    John
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎