X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yellow98cobra
    Experienced
    • May 28 2012

I looked at 2 parts cars today...Car 1

The Gentleman that owns them would like to sell them together whole ($600 for the pair). He says car 1 ran when he got it. automatic transmission, Body is straight. The interior trim and seats went into his keeper, stuffed loose inside are the parts he replaced. Data plate reads 63a N 52 21f 4 3 (If serious buyer I can give you his contact info)
    Attached Files
    Yellow98Cobra
    1960 Thunderbird HT
    Data plt# 63A Z 56 15 H 3 4
    There are 4 pictures of her here, plus a couple of my namesake.
    http://squarebirds.org/yellow98cobra/resized/
  • yellow98cobra
    Experienced
    • May 28 2012

Car 2

Car 2 has overdrive transmission straight but more body rust. Data plate reads 63a M 56 06f 2 9 (If serious buyer I can give you his contact info)
    Attached Files
    Yellow98Cobra
    1960 Thunderbird HT

Comment

• Bavaria 30.si
      • Sep 21 2013

What, one wonders are the possibilities of sticking these two sorry old Birds in a box, of a sizable nature, and posting them to the UK, serious question.

Comment

• yellow98cobra
        Experienced
        • May 28 2012

Originally posted by Bavaria 30.si
        What, one wonders are the possibilities of sticking these two sorry old Birds in a box, of a sizable nature, and posting them to the UK, serious question.
        If there is a Will there is a Way. but it would probably be exspensive. The cars are in the San Francisco Bay area there is a lot of land to cross just to get to the pond, that you-all are floating in.
        Yellow98Cobra
        1960 Thunderbird HT

Comment

• Bavaria 30.si
          • Sep 21 2013

There is a distinct shortage of spares for Squarebirds in the Uk, very seldom is anything advertised here, a 58 HT appeared a week or so back, a car so rotten it defied description, it had been stored outside, according to the advertiser, the valve covers had been removed 40 years ago,the valve train looked a mess, no interior, most of the glass inc the front screen broken, but it still found a buyer for more than £700, way too much for me, for the few items it might yield for my cars.

I dont know what the state of these two cars is, are they terminally rotten, are they doable, is one better than the other? etc etc, but they look to have a host of usable parts.

I have spent $2000.00 in recent weeks on Bird parts from a variety of sources, some in the US some in Canada, it is an expensive exercise, even more so in Canada, if i spend $1.00 in the US by the time it reaches me in the UK it will have cost me $3.00.

The variation in sellers prices is astounding, i recently bought a dash panel with the three gauges, in nice condition for $80.00, i see some people asking $150.00 for single gauges, a pair of rear light clusters, tidy usable items, with one damaged lens ,for $51.00, there is a better pair advertised, but by how much, for $850, another recent purchase,a complete rear bumper, chrome is not great, but otherwise solid and usable $60.00, a set of 60 wheel covers in Canada in good shape, $20.00, i have seen advertisers asking $250.00 for good sets.

So what i am thinking, is it better and more economic to purchase whole cars and ship, i have a contact in So-Cal, he ships a fair bit of stuff inc whole vehicles, i may ask him, how much to ship a car, the problem then would be the logistics involved in recovering these cars and transporting them from San Francisco to the south of the State, ideas anybody?

Comment

• FINSRIN
            Experienced
            • Aug 7 2010

Noticed both have factory air. Handy if you need a/c parts.

Comment

• RicFlairbird
              • Apr 27 2014

factory air on both vehicles!!!

likely not rotten if they have been in CA from the start

Comment

• 430bird60
                Experienced
                • Dec 30 2008

2 parts cars

I'm interested. Live a few hours away. Could you provide contact info? Thanks. Ken

Comment

• yellow98cobra
                  Experienced
                  • May 28 2012

I sent you a PM, Post up how it goes here.
                  Yellow98Cobra
                  1960 Thunderbird HT

Comment

• RustyNCa
                    Super-Experienced
                    • May 31 2007

Originally posted by RicFlairbird
                    factory air on both vehicles!!!

likely not rotten if they have been in CA from the start
                    I've seen plenty of rot on cars that have spent their lives in CA, so keep that in mind.

My 58 needs a passenger floor pan and is showing signs of rot in the rear deck lid(small but there...). It spent it's entire life here in N Ca, not even near the coast.

Comment

• RustyNCa
                      Super-Experienced
                      • May 31 2007

Originally posted by Bavaria 30.si
                      There is a distinct shortage of spares for Squarebirds in the Uk, very seldom is anything advertised here, a 58 HT appeared a week or so back, a car so rotten it defied description, it had been stored outside, according to the advertiser, the valve covers had been removed 40 years ago,the valve train looked a mess, no interior, most of the glass inc the front screen broken, but it still found a buyer for more than £700, way too much for me, for the few items it might yield for my cars.

I dont know what the state of these two cars is, are they terminally rotten, are they doable, is one better than the other? etc etc, but they look to have a host of usable parts.

So what i am thinking, is it better and more economic to purchase whole cars and ship, i have a contact in So-Cal, he ships a fair bit of stuff inc whole vehicles, i may ask him, how much to ship a car, the problem then would be the logistics involved in recovering these cars and transporting them from San Francisco to the south of the State, ideas anybody?
                      Hmm, you could always pick up a parts car from someone like me, and pay my fuel and hotel to get it to So-Cal or figure it into the cost, and I would get a paid trip down to So-Cal to see friends etc.

With my rig, it would be like $350 of fuel to run from N Cal to So-Cal.

Cheers

Comment

• jhuebner
                        Experienced
                        • Apr 12 2014

I recently shipped a 65 T Bird from Ohio to Germany it cost me $2200, door to door

Comment

• dgs
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Feb 13 2003

Originally posted by RustyNCa
                          I've seen plenty of rot on cars that have spent their lives in CA, so keep that in mind.

My 58 needs a passenger floor pan and is showing signs of rot in the rear deck lid(small but there...). It spent it's entire life here in N Ca, not even near the coast.
                          My 60 was in Los Angeles until 1978 and I've got rust and bondo in the rockers. Came that way from California.
                          DGS (aka salguod)
                          1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
                          www.salguod.net

Comment

• Yadkin
                            Banned
                            • Aug 11 2012

$600 for the pair is a good deal since that is the cost of scrap metal of that tonnage. So you could never lose money, and probably make a lot of money on ebay selling parts.

Comment

• Rkosi
                              • Mar 23 2013

Still available?

Please contact me with a message if either if these are still available... I am in the middle of restoring my t bird and over the weekend the guy packed up shop and ran away with a bunch of my parts...including my newly rebuilt engine. I am searching for an economical solution for me to replace some of the missing items.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎