No announcement yet.

'60 Moroccan Ivory Production Percentage

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

'60 Moroccan Ivory Production Percentage

Does anyone know if factory production percentages exist for the number of '60 convertibles finished in Moroccan Ivory? Or, on a subjective level, is this a common or relatively rare color?

Thanks for your help,
    Mike
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

IMO, rare.
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Mike as Jon says Moroccan Ivory ( convertible ) is a very rare colour. The production number of 60 convertibles total, is 11.860 and if you do the math over the last 48 years there could be only 2% left and of that I am guessing, less 50% in fair shape and another 50% in good shape. I just picked up a 60 HT Moroccan Ivory with leather seats, factory air, jet black landau roof and is a mild # 3 due to the rare color and shape

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

'60 Moroccan Ivory Conv

Thanks, Dan. This Moroccan Ivory '60 conv also has the black leather interior, as well as power windows and power seat. The car is complete except for the wheel covers, carpet, and top material. Even the detail items are there - carb date tag, original washer bag, excellent steering wheel center, etc. It needs a full restoration; we've oiled the cylinders in the 352 and turned the engine regurlarly, but it hasn't been on the road in a long time. It had some work done to the rockers and the rear quarters some time ago, and this would need to be redone. There is some rust-through on the passenger floor, where the rocker meets the wheel well, but I'm sure this can be repaired. The stitching has separated in a few places on the leather seats, but there are no rips or tattered pieces. It doesn't look too bad all things considered. Using the Old Cars Price Guide, I'd rate it at a #5 - complete but needing a full restoration. What's your (or anyone else's) opinion on the current value of this car, based on condition and color combo?

Thanks!

Comment

• JohnG
          John
          • Jul 28 2003

Dano, just for the record, how many Squarebirds have you now got tucked away up there north of the border??? The real total, please. I am getting envious...

john
          1 1958 Squarebird. One.
          1958 Hardtop
          #8452 TBird Registry
          http://tbird.info/registry/DataSheet...r~equals~8452)

photo: http://www.squarebirds.org/users/joh...d_June2009.jpg
          history:
          http://www.squarebirds.org/users/johng/OCC.htm

Comment

OHivory
            Have you bought this Gem.

I think Dano is going to start a good collection of T-Bird of the north
            Bob M

Comment

• dgs
              Super-Experienced
              • Feb 13 2003

OHIvory - Where in OH are you? I'm in Columbus and have a '60 Convert. in the much more common Raven Black. I've got tired red leather too.

Met a guy at the Arthritis Foundation show (see my gallery) with a real nice '58 Convert.
              DGS (aka salguod)
              1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
              www.salguod.net

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Mike the answer to your question about how much ?? is tedious at best. After reading you post of 08.08.08 and the description of the work needed to bring it back with a full restoration, it could well run $10- 15K.That would of course depend on what your definition of " full restoration" means
                Having said that and to give you an example to work with, my recent purchase of the 60HT ( yours is a convertible ) was at an auction that a buddy of mine invited me to and I paid $7K + 6% buyers fee. My reason for buying it was, it was a solid # 3 had factory air & leather seats that will require about the same amount ($7K or more ) to bring it up to a solid #2. In the condition you have described, I would have to think about the $$ it will take to restore and then work backwards as to the purchase price. For example if you are prepared to spend $10K over a period of time then I would offer about the same as my purchase ( $7K or less ) knowing your output of cash is a given. Hope that helps as as someone said on our site " that and $1.50 will buy you the newspaper ".

JohnG / BobM: For the record and to answer your question, I have two (2) T-Birds currently. 58HT & 60HT. I am however, discussing a 59 convertible in Vancouver B.C. but they want too much $$ for it now.

Thunderbird Registry
                58HT #33317
                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Thanks, Dan - despite all the subjective elements of restoring a car, that info is still helpful. I know the price runs up quickly on a big project like this, especially if you want someone else to do more of the work. This would be a beautiful car when finished, and as you and others have noted, it would be a desireable one too. It deserves to be done the right way, and we're just not sure we want to start on such a project. If we don't work on it eventually, we'll have to pass it along to someone else. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎