X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scumdog
    Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Shock absorber lengths

OK guys, I'm depending on you here, I need a pair of new shocks for the rear of my '66 Town Landau and need to know the lengths of the shocks compressed and extended, presently the rear-end 'chatters' and 'skips' on tight rough corners - that bad I almost need to correct by turning opposite lock..

I know I COULD buy a pair from the good 'ol US of A but I have a contact in NZ that can get me a suitable set for slightly less than the US price (USA items equal to $110NZ) if I can supply the measurements and whether they have eyes or pins at each length. (plus then there's no freight included in the price).

Can you help??
    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.
  • scumdog
    Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

C'mon guys - SOMEBODY must know the dimensions - or be able to tell me where I can find them myself.
    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

shock length

If you can get a hold of an old monroe shock catalogue, the dimensions are posted for each part number in the back of the catalogue. They give you compressed and extended lengths and the type of mounting on each end. Good luck!!

Gord.

Comment

• RustyNCa
        Super-Experienced
        • May 31 2007

Originally posted by scumdog
        C'mon guys - SOMEBODY must know the dimensions - or be able to tell me where I can find them myself.
        Opps sorry, I was going to pull one for you and check it... forgot all about it, spent the weekend with my son working on his 65 Tbird.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎