No announcement yet.

Windshield wipers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield wipers

I'm attempting to remove the "grill" at the base of the windshield of my 59 Squarebird HT to replace the windshield washer hoses, etc. In order to do such, the wipers must be removed from their shafts (that penetrate this "grill"). How the heck do the wiper arms attach to the shaft? There are no visible fasteners. Before I break something - which is my specialty - I better get some guidance. Any suggestions???
    Thanks in advance!
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Windshield wipers

If you look carefully at the base of the windshield wipers, there is a little "L"-shaped hook that goes under the rotating spline that attaches to the arm. You just need to bring this hook a little out and carefully pry up the windhield arm with a screwdriver. There is a inexpensive special windshield arm tool that you can use instead of a screwdriver. It make the job alittle easier. You may want to spray the spine with WD-40 before you remove the arm to make the arm come off easier.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

RE: Windshield wipers

Alexander,
      I see what you're talking about. With some coaxing (and WD-40), she'll come right off there. You saved me much time, aggravation, and maybe money.
      Much Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎