X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 60 T-Bird
    Experienced
    • Jun 2 2010

430 Parts car

I just saw this on craigslist. A 60 with a 430 being parted out...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
  • greyfrontier
    • Apr 24 2009

i have a 58 h/t with 390 engine. i have read that 390 was a later 58 option. correct? also, car has seat belt loops but belts were never installed. also read that this was a dealer option and not factory. correct? where do i locate data plate to ID if engine is original or not? car was stored in garage for 39 years, no rust. info. saw a 60 h/t on rear of tow truck in front of steel salvage yard and tried to buy if from driver if was being scrapped. not so. driver said that his company had a lot of birds for parts. 60 had some rust but body panels appeared to be straight. if anyone interested, contact me and i will try to get more info. greyfrontier near bakersfield, ca

Comment

• greyfrontier
      • Apr 24 2009

i have a 58 h/t with 390 engine. i have read that 390 was a later 58 option. correct? also, car has seat belt loops but belts were never installed. also read that this was a dealer option and not factory. correct? where do i locate data plate to ID if engine is original or not? car was stored in garage for 39 years, no rust. info. saw a 60 h/t on rear of tow truck in front of steel salvage yard and tried to buy if from driver if was being scrapped. not so. driver said that his company had a lot of birds for parts. 60 had some rust but body panels appeared to be straight. if anyone interested, contact me and i will try to get more info. greyfrontier near bakersfield, ca

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

'58's had 352's only. 390's weren't available until 1961. There's really no plate that shows if the engine is original to the car but if you're sure it's a 390 then it's not original. There are part numbers on the heads, manifold and block that will give you a clue when it was made.
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎