X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gold Bird
    Experienced
    • Nov 9 2007

Interior pictures

Here are some good pictures of the before on my interior, hopefully in the next few weeks we will get started on the make over!
    Attached Files
    sigpic1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158

Hey Tom,
    Very, very nice!!!
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

• Dutchbird
      Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Originally posted by Gold Bird
      Here are some good pictures of the before on my interior, hopefully in the next few weeks we will get started on the make over!
      Hi Tom,

Great pics, great car!
      (also my congrats on your trophy)
      What does your make over on the interior mean? In my opinion she looks awesome original and probably only needs new foam..........or do you have bigger / other plans?

Comment

• Gold Bird
        Experienced
        • Nov 9 2007

Thanks for the nice words, actually the interior is not that bad, the vinyl is faded in spots and has a couple of rips. I have new foam coming from Jed on the back seats and new foam for the fronts and covers too. I am replacing the carpet too, Dad tells me that when he bought the bird it had from the factory, light saddle color carpet. I really want to get it back to original! Keep you posted on the progress!

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Interior pictures

Hi Tom,

The interior looks great as it is, but I understand there are few things that need to be repaired. It is a very nice interior. I like the two tone effect. I am gonna grab your pix for the Interior folder of the Squarebirds Gallery that Cathie and I are working on! I hope you will not mind.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Gold Bird
            Experienced
            • Nov 9 2007

Hi Ray, Oh thats fine with me, I will post some pictures soon of the interior project, hope it turns out as good as the Yellow Rose!

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Tom that interior colour code is quite unique the way it is and I am sure you will bring it back, to it's original spleandour.The squarebird.org window decal looks right at home too. Have you had any compliments or questions on it??
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Gold Bird
                Experienced
                • Nov 9 2007

People are intrigued by the name Squarebird, once I explain it they think its very cool. Our cars seem to be getting more and more attention these days, just not many around that are in good condition, must have just rusted out....

Comment

• Coral
                  Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Say Tom, is your Bird listed at the t-bird registry?
                  You can get listed under the family owned since new group!

I am curious about the color combination, could you describe it please?

love the exterior color!

Comment

• Gold Bird
                    Experienced
                    • Nov 9 2007

The color is beachwood beige metalic, and the interior is dark beige /light beige. I just sent my info to John at the t bird registry on Thursday, not sure how long it takes to get it listed?

Comment

• Coral
                      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Thanks Tom....sometimes different browsers and screen resolutions can create different 'colors' were there aren't any,

I was getting a green dash and it totally threw me, LOL

John does the submissions in batches, so sometimes it can take a little bit, did you tell him your Dad had the car first? if not you can shoot him another email and let him know, there are a handful of Very Lucky Birds that have been bought new and handed down through the families.

If you want to add another bird to your flock, or someone asks you about one, there's a sweet 60 (black on red) just itching for a cruise!

That beechwood is a very pretty color!

I'm very happy for you, this is obviously a well thought of car, which is a delight to see!

Comment

• dgs
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Feb 13 2003

If yours is in need of a remake, mine is in shambles.

BTW - Are your seat tracks modified? They seem to go back a couple inches farther than mine. I could use the extra travel. I've got a power driver's seat, but the passenger seat doesn't seem to go back any farther.
                        DGS (aka salguod)
                        1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
                        www.salguod.net

Comment

• Gold Bird
                          Experienced
                          • Nov 9 2007

Not sure about the seat travel, guess I will find out when we pull them. I am 6ft tall and the distance is just about right for me. The seat covers are not too bad but have many little worn areas, the main reason for the makeover is to replace the seat foam, which everytime you sit down a pile of old foam ends up in the back seat foot wells. Also want to put the original color carpet back in the car. Dad changed it many years ago because the light color showed all of the dirt, the switch to dark was more practical. I am always careful when getting in the car now and avoid rain when I can!

Comment

There is another set of bolt holes in these seats. The dealer moved them back when there was complaints of not enough room. I moved mine and it's a little better!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎