X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tbird1044
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 31 2012

Front Grill inside of Bumper?

What have you guys done to refurbish the aluminum grill inside the front bumper. It appears to be anodized aluminum. Mine is in pretty bad shape. Have any of you tried to have it chromed? Is polishing an option? How about getting it re-anodized. Thought I would check with you guys before going to the metal polishing shops.
    Nyles
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Front Grill inside of Bumper?

I had mine on my '59 chromed and it looks nice.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• partsetal
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 4 2005

I've had some '60 grilles de-anodized and they look nice in that condition but must be protected from oxidation. One I had polished and then coated with a special polymer coating by the polisher. Looks just like chrome. I had thoughts of having them anodized, but my polisher cautioned that the metal needs to be perfect to get good results as the process will amplify and crater around any nicks, pits and imperfections.
      Carl

Comment

• cubbear
        Experienced
        • Nov 29 2008

grill

I had my 58 polished

Comment

I took mine out and put a mesh grill in, well after I drove it into my pool table and destroyed the original

Comment

• cuul59
            Apprentice
            • Jun 13 2005

Bumper Grill

Mine was looking pretty dull and after looking into refinishing options I decided on having it powder coated. I chose a color that closely resembles aluminum and it looks great. No one would know it was painted unless they looked very closely and it's never been a problem in judging at local events.

Neil
            Neil
            1959 Turquoise Convertible “CUUL59”

Comment

• Tbird1044
              Super-Experienced
              • Jul 31 2012

I was thinking of doing the same thing by powder coating. I think it would be very durable and match the inserts pretty well. Glad to get the feedback. Was the powder coating very expensive. Also did the shop that did the powder coat also do the prep?
              Thanks
              Nyles

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎