X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gazza
    Apprentice
    • Feb 3 2009

Pics of my '64

I've had the car for nearly two weeks now and I'm delighted with it. The 390 has been rebuilt, all welding has been done. I've just realised that I've not taken any interior pics but the interior is as good as the exterior.

There are a few small jobs to sort out....Heater blower not working, fuel guage shows low level and temp guage not working.Vacuum locks not working. Aircon pump is missing. Apart from that she's perfect

'64 390 TBird Hardtop
    '65 Mustang Fastback
    '01 BMW 'M' Roadster
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

Beauty Bird

I always loved that generation, and I always loved THAT color!! That car is beautiful ! Just love it. Only thing better would that exact car in a convertible with the factory original Kelsy-Hayes genuine wire wheels.
    Love the paint color, the style and the interior with the curve around back seats.

Comment

• RustyNCa
      Super-Experienced
      • May 31 2007

Wow, that's nice.

You might research if the fuel gauge in the 64 was adjustable like it is in the 58 to 60s. My 65 reads off also but I have yet to look into it. I did find a tech note for my squarebird that showed how to adjust the gauge to read correctly.

One note, I adjusted the setting on fuel, and promptly ran the car out at 1/4 tank, now I need to fix that.

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Pics of my '64

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting those pictures! She is one beautiful Tbird and I love the color. You call her The Goat?? The Princess would be a nice name for her. If you can, please post some interior pix of her. We would enjoy seeing it. Great looking Tbird!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• RustyNCa
          Super-Experienced
          • May 31 2007

Originally posted by YellowRose
          Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting those pictures! She is one beautiful Tbird and I love the color. You call her The Goat?? The Princess would be a nice name for her. If you can, please post some interior pix of her. We would enjoy seeing it. Great looking Tbird!
          Maybe The Goat is the name of a bar or restaurant, surely it can't be the name for that car, she is way to nice for a name like that eh?

Comment

• KULTULZ

VERY NICE!

Comment

• Gazza
              Apprentice
              • Feb 3 2009

You call her The Goat??
              Hahahahaha, No..... That's the name of the Pub in the background. There is a regular monthly meet there, it's been going for 40 years !
              '64 390 TBird Hardtop
              '65 Mustang Fastback
              '01 BMW 'M' Roadster

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Pics of my '64

LMBO! I saw the sign on the building in the background. Just thought I would pull your leg a bit when I saw what you had named your pictures! When you can, if you have any high resolution, 300dpi, 3,000+ pixel copies of her, I would like to put them in the 2010 calendar folder for consideration for the next years calendar. You can send them to my email address if you wish.

Sooo, what IS the name of this beautiful English Lass?

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Gazza
                  Apprentice
                  • Feb 3 2009

She doesn't have a name at the moment

The pics were taken on a 6mb camera, I can email them if you are interested in those or maybe when the Summer arrives ( We have 8 inches of snow at the moment) I will take lots more
                  '64 390 TBird Hardtop
                  '65 Mustang Fastback
                  '01 BMW 'M' Roadster

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Pics of my '64

I see you have not named her yet. For many reasons, most guys name their Tbirds after a woman.. I vote for Pretty Princess..

If you have those pictures you posted in a larger size than what you posted, please email those. I have found the same thing that I am sure Alexander did when he was making the calendar, that trying to blow up pictures from smaller ones to fit the calendar causes blurring and other problems.

As for the missing components on her, you should be able to find them at any of the Tbird vendors, like Thunderbird Hqs, Bird Nest, Concours Parts, Pat Wilson's Tbird Parts, Larry's Tbird Parts. Some are listed on the main page of this Forum. Bird Nest reconditions gauges. I had my fuel/Temp gauge fixed by them, and my clock.

Comment

• RustyNCa
                      Super-Experienced
                      • May 31 2007

Hello, I am thread jacking here.....

LMBO! I saw the sign on the building in the background. Just thought I would pull your leg a bit when I saw what you had named your pictures! When you can, if you have any high resolution, 300dpi, 3,000+ pixel copies of her, I would like to put them in the 2010 calendar folder for consideration for the next years calendar. You can send them to my email address if you wish.

Sooo, what IS the name of this beautiful English Lass?
                      So Ray, if you are good at coming up with names for cars.... I could use the help, somehow, the name everyone uses for my 65 Special... "the brown bird"... just doesn't ring very well, especially since it's not brown

Sigh

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Pics of my '64

Hi Rusty,

Which paint code is your Tbird done in? I looked at the various names and am not sure. Give me that information and I wil come up with something. At least no one has changed the first and second letter of the last word of her present name.. At least I hope not!

Paint Code J, V, W or X? Or other? Is it that emberglo color?

Comment

• RustyNCa
                          Super-Experienced
                          • May 31 2007

Hi Rusty,

Which paint code is your Tbird done in? I looked at the various names and am not sure. Give me that information and I wil come up with something. At least no one has changed the first and second letter of the last word of her present name.. At least I hope not!

Paint Code J, V, W or X? Or other? Is it that emberglo color?
                          She is emberglo, which is actually a very nice color.

I went to your link in another post....

and wala(is that how you would spell it?) top of the page is the special landau
                          Last edited by RustyNCa; February 4, 2009, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• YellowRose
                            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Pics of my '64

Hi Rusty,

I thought it was Emberglo.. Like the one in the picture on that web page. So my choice is to call her Ember! Or Amber, but I like Ember better..

Comment

• Petrolhead
                              Experienced
                              • Jul 2 2007

Hi Gary

Very nice car

Where in the UK are you? I'm from Bristol, moved to New Zealand forty years ago

Cheers

Alistair

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎