X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Crunched Squarebird in Sweden?

Hi Tako! Well, it sounds like that parts car is being put to good use! Congratulations on getting the parts you needed! It sounds like you are happy with the costs also.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Coral
      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

I just thought of something, was this car in the T-Bird registry?
      Is there anyway to get the information to John about this car?

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Crunched Squarebird in Sweden?

Good point, Cathie! Maybe Tako or someone in Sweden can get the VIN number and Data Plate for us. Just the VIN number would be good. That way, we can run a check on it in the Tbird Registry and see if it is listed, and notify John about it. Tako, can you get the VIN # for us?

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• jldevlin
          Apprentice
          • Apr 11 2009

T Bird registry?`

Can you tell me what the registry is?

Thank You much

John

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

The Tbird Registry

Fellow Squarebird Forum member, John Rotella, has for quite a few years, been collecting VIN #'s and Data Plate information on every Tbird he can get information on. The goal behind the project is to learn the fate of as many Tbirds as possible. How many and which Tbirds have been crunched, used for parts, still in use, still in use by the original purchaser or his/her family, who the present own is. It allows to try attempt to know as much about each Tbird produced as we can. Anyone can register their Tbird with the Registry by clicking on the Tbird Registry website and going to the section that allows you to check the VIN # on your Tbird to see if it is already in the Registry, and if so, what is said about it. If it is not, there are instructions on how to send an email to John, and the information to provide him so he can get it registered into the database. I just tried to bring up the Registry website, but it was showing as being down. Perhaps for maintenance, but you try it. Here is the URL.

Comment

• jldevlin
              Apprentice
              • Apr 11 2009

That was interesting

Seems my Bird wasn't on the list yet, through this site I found the data plate info the car originally came with...interesting

Comment

• kuusamon
                Experienced
                • Feb 14 2009

Hello,

I found some info. I had contact with him but he forgot to answer my request for the VIN number. To bad.
                But included are some pictures of the car how it looks now.
                If you look good you can see the date plate. But not sure if the technics are good enough to get a readable zoom on that plate. The car was an A/C car.
                I will pm his name since I am not sure if he would like his name publicly in the forum. But he seems a nice guy, still some parts for sale but most is sold, very fair prices.

comes to 2 questions. On the bottom of this forum subject thread, in fact on the bottom of every thread you see a Tbird and on the door there is a trimming, chrome trimming arrow shaped in front of the 'thunderbird' script. what is that trimming called 'officially'? its not on my '60 bird, looks nice.

2nd question. The steering wheel complete from a 1961 bird, is it similar as the '60, I mean are they interchangeable?
                I am missing my horn ring and cap and am offered a complete 61 steering wheel for a fair price.

regards
                Attached Files
                sigpicGreets,
                Ronald
                Kuusamo
                http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741

Comment

• Coral
                  Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Thanks for the pix and update on this car, kuusamon

I was not able to get a readable view of the data plate, maybe someone else can...otherwise please contact the gentleman again and just ask that one question

the spear shaped chrome is on the '59 model t-birds, I see it described as "projectiles" and "arrow tips" in one of my thunderbird books, I am sure someone can offer up a real name and part number as soon as they read this post.

As for the steering wheel, I am not 100% positive, but think they are interchangeable - again, someone will know definitively and answer that later...

Comment

• Dutchbird
                    Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Originally posted by kuusamon
                    On the bottom of this forum subject thread, in fact on the bottom of every thread you see a Tbird and on the door there is a trimming, chrome trimming arrow shaped in front of the 'thunderbird' script. what is that trimming called 'officially'? its not on my '60 bird, looks nice.
                    Hi Kuusamon,

It's called "Door Spear" in my parts catalog.
                    (Only the '59 Birds had them on the doors).
                    Hope this answer your first question.

Comment

• kuusamon
                      Experienced
                      • Feb 14 2009

Hi,
                      thanks for the replies. the door spears look nice, I am thinking about it but if I want to keep my '60 bird original they do not belong, diificult decision.

regards
                      ron
                      sigpicGreets,
                      Ronald
                      Kuusamo
                      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741

Comment

• ParTaxer
                        Apprentice
                        • Oct 8 2009

Sort of looks like a Ranchero in that one photo. Has anybody ever made a redneck pickup out of a tbird?

Comment

• Dutchbird
                          Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Hi Ronald,

Just looked into two other catalogs I just found here from different vendors:
                          One calls it "Spears" and the other says "Chrome Spear Head."
                          They are mostly sold as a pair for about $200,00, some will sell them separately.

Comment

• fomoco59
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Jun 10 2005

Originally posted by ParTaxer
                            Sort of looks like a Ranchero in that one photo. Has anybody ever made a redneck pickup out of a tbird?

Yep... this was on EBay a while back... there was some discussion about it here...
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            Mike Lemmon
                            '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• dgs
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Feb 13 2003

I wrote a blog post about that one after seeing it here. The crazy thing is that it's perched on a Chevy truck or Blazer 4x4 frame and therefore powered by a Chevy engine. The eBay listing said that a prior owner had even pulled a small trailer and used it for his landscaping business.
                              DGS (aka salguod)
                              1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
                              www.salguod.net

Comment

• Anders
                                Super-Experienced
                                • Jan 19 2008

By some strange reasons, Chevy engines seems to have been the popular choice for ´32 roadster and Coupés for years.
                                If I was a farmer or something like that, I would like to have this Pick Up
                                sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                                http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎