Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom's bird
    • Oct 2 2016

Bird Update

It's been a while but been busy. I've made quite a few changes to the 58, First I'll blame it on Eric for showing me his bird. Working with a shop here in NC. I decided to put in leaf springs. It was decided to make the springs run straight vs. at an angle like the 59 & 60. 9 in rear with 3:70 gears. Well, that moved the rear sliding shackles to the fuel tank area. Now gotta fix that with a new tank/location.

Next we found major rust in the rocker area as well as the front structure. Basically installed a frame to tie front and rear sub-frames together. Added rear disk brakes and went with new master cylinder. new 17 in wheels and tires
    (Got a set of 15" wire wheels in good shape if someone needs them) Installed new Borgenson power steering box with Ididit column.

Now on to the engine I took the 390 (which the last builder put the head gaskets on backwards, which caused major damage to the rear cylinder valves with overheat) after all the work we stroked it, added Elderbrock Performer aluminum heads and intake. Running a Fi-Tech Fuel injection, Ended up with a 445 cu in stroker producing 525 HP and 595 lbs of torque. And then committed sacrilege, I installed a GM 700R w/OD.

Will be doing new speedhut gauges and all new wiring. Bottom line a lot of work to go. That's why they call it a hobby, it never ends, but we say we enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎