• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

VIDEO: Ford's "Dirty Job": Selling the F150

Filed under: Trucks/Pickups, Marketing/Advertising, Videos, Ford

Jalopnik got their mitts on these newly-minted Ford Truck spots with Mike Rowe. For those of you who've been living under a rock for the last year, Mike Rowe is the host of Discovery Channel's "Dirty Jobs," a show that would be hilarious just on the strength of Rowe's comedic timing and commentary. It's a very "guy thing" show, I doubt I'd ever walk in the room and find that my wife had tuned to it on her own. Of course, the appeal is wide enough that she'd sit down and watch, were it to be on.

Such is the appeal that Ford wishes to garner with the F150. They've successfully scrubbed the king of pickup sales behind the ears to great result. The problem is that while the F150 waits until 2009 for a refresh, GM just rolled out the GMT900s, and the Tundra is all-new. Granted, the Tundra isn't a proven threat yet, and with a goal of 200,000 this year, they'll probably sell out without dinging F150 sales. Perception's a funny thing though, and Ford wants to be certain that when people think Pickup, they think F150, hence the revamped ads. We think it's a smart move, as Mike Rowe has charisma and delivery that should at least amuse us. Whether it will help sell trucks remains to be seen.

Videos after the jump.

[Source: Jalopnik]
    Continue reading VIDEO: Ford's "Dirty Job": Selling the F150

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments
    BOLD MOVES: THE FUTURE OF FORD A new documentary series. Be part of the transformation as it happens in real-time

More...
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎