Upper control arm bushings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper control arm bushings

Hi all,
    I'm installin new upper control arm bushing. I can't find how far to press them in? Any help would be great.
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

There are stops formed into the stampings on the bushings. It's pretty straight forward.
    This is where I would go back to the pictures I took of the job BEFORE I disassembled. Remember the 100 pictures you took?

Sorry if I sound very rude. I should have been gracious in welcoming you to Squarebirds.org as my very first thought.

I get too far ahead and forget what little manners I have.

Before starting any work on a classic car, please take LOTSA pictures. There is no such thing as 'too many'. Either you or someone else will find them very valuable in future.

The next step is to mark all your parts. If a piece is to go back in, show which end is up, which end is forward, and whether it's a RH or LH part (as seen by the driver). These are conventions you will never go wrong with.

You need a Shop Manual for your car. They are offered by all the vendors at very reasonable prices, especially if you do your own work (as I do). If you hire someone, HE will need the manual. Most jobs are covered in detail with good pictures. If you find the manual did not answer your questions we are here to help you any way we can. Squarebirds.org has lots of great mechanics and owners who have done total restorations on basket cases because the finished product is really worth it.

So, welcome. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎