X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

I'm a DADDY!!!!

Well u folks wanted me to keep u updated so here it goes!!! I'm A DADDY!!! For the first time ever!!!
    I'm both PROUD and TIRED. lol!!! I'm gonna be gone from here a while while my wife getting to moving around better at home. And I'm taking several vacation days off from work too. My girl was born at 9:58 AM Tues 3/4/8 (super Tuesday just got a little bit BIGGER in my book). She was 6lbs 7oz and 19.5" long. Here is a pic:

Anyways, Thanks for the warm wishes and prayers earlier guys/gals. Well I'm off here and back to daddy duty. I'm post a couple more pics when I'm back on here my friends....
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
  • tarps3
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 21 2003

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I had my baby girl almost 18 years ago.
    You think riding in an old TBird is a scary ride - and expensive? Just wait - ha, ha!!

Honestly tho - there's nothing that makes your heart swell like hearing your little girl say "Daddy".
    You are a lucky man!
    Casey

Comment

• frank58
      Super-Experienced
      • May 28 2006

Great news.... congrats!!
      Like Tarps, my baby girl was born 18 years ago.... you think your tired now... HA!!!!! wait untill you have chase off the boys... I must admitt, it is kinda fun to watch them squirm as you give them "the look".
      You and your wife enjoy every single moment, they grow very, very fast.

Frank

Comment

• bcomo
        Super-Experienced
        • Sep 23 2005

Hey Jon:

Congratulations --

I'm 65 and have two girls age 13 and 10 -- what a roller coaster trip !!!!

My oldest girl wanted to learn about cars, so I took her to the machine shop and she learned about the T-Bird engine parts. She said that she loves the smell of the hand cleaner there. An interesting Father Daughter day.

I agree -- they do grow up fast, so enjoy her while she's young. Don't forget to read her bedtime stories from Hemmings Classic Car Magazine.
        Bart
        1960 Hard Top/430
        Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Jon you have joined the worldwide club of fatherhood and congrats. There is nothing, I mean nothing to us fathers, than watching, playing, teaching and finally seeing our little girls grow into young women. Be careful, as they,all have a way of making watever logical thought you think you had blend into giving them just about anything they want, with a wink of an eye. On the other hand, they are also a special part of your life as well as your wife's, in the years to come. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!

PS: With eight (8) grandkids two (2) little girls, I get to do it all over again.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Petrolhead
            Experienced
            • Jul 2 2007

Good on ya Jon!
            Hard case, all posts so far are from proud parents of girls. Me, I've got what you all warn your daughters about: three boys, 14, 18 and 21 (:
            Oldest has just left home here in New Zealand and gone with his girlfriend to live in Australia. Now there's a weird feeling.
            Jon, enjoy daddyhood!

Comment

My daughter was 31 in jan. 08 Man were did that go. congrats.........Bill

Comment

Way to go Jon and ((Wife))
                Youall have just entered a new world fo raising kids and I can tell you it is great and you will have alot of fun as she grows up.I have 4 daughters 9 grandchildren and 2 Greatgrands and My wife and I are still haveing a ball
                Bob M

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                  Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Bob that's quite the crew and I am sure you are the same as we are, in good standing with Toys R Us. They seem to know us on a first name basis when we stop by to get gifts for yet another birthday party.

Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• SandyBoy
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Oct 31 2002

Congrats !

Best of everything for your family. That's just great ! You are blessed. START saving for college, N-O-W !!

Comment

• tbird430
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jun 18 2007

A few more pics of my daughter:

15 minutes old!!!

1st day home.

2nd day home.
                      sigpic

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• fomoco59
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Jun 10 2005

Congrats Jon ! My daughter is 23, still chasing boys, and on her 6th car ! Always a thrill. She called me yesterday to tell me she did a 360 spin on the highway in a white-out on ice on her way to Geneva, NY for a class. Wheee.. hang on !
                        sigpic
                        Mike Lemmon
                        '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• tbird430
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Jun 18 2007

A few more snap shots: (I'm not a proud daddy or anything).

The hospital photo.

A close-up of above.

Last edited by tbird430; March 10, 2008, 04:04 PM. Reason: .
                          sigpic

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Well, I have to add - my girls are 20 and 16, and a 21 month old granddaughter.

What's this with Squarebirds and girls anyway......................

Comment

• tarps3
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Jul 21 2003

Originally posted by 49effie
                              Well, I have to add - my girls are 20 and 16, and a 21 month old granddaughter.

What's this with Squarebirds and girls anyway......................
                              Only REAL men can own a squarebird and raise daughters at the same time!!
                              Patience.......just...have....a...little.....patience....
                              Casey

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎