This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road
Default Ray BUILT a new computer.

Ray Clark has a new vocation... Today he built a new computer from the motherboard up. This computer is no wimp, either. It's an Intel i7 QUAD processor that runs at 3.4Ghz, and married with 8GB of ram.

Ray got fed up with his old system for many reasons, so he opened the ATX case, pulled out the old motherboard and ram, then he installed top drawer components. My hat goes off to Ray. He built this computer on his dining room table, by himself.

Earlier in the week, Ray had questions for the Geek Squad at Best Buy. In a nutshell, they lied like dogs and tried to scare poor Ray into believing he would blow up his new ASUS motherboard. At one point they offered to sell Ray a simple cable for $100, or a new power supply for nearly the same money. No, Ray is using his original power supply and it works just fine.

Now you know what Smooth Ray was doing on Sunday evening. He's got tricks up his sleeve, I tell you. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 03-19-2012, 04:07 AM
Super-Experienced and a really nice guy!

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Ray BUILT a new computer.

What Dave didn't tell you is that I could not have done this without his long distance help! He helped my decide which components to buy, how much RAM, etc.. Then, as I was taking out the old stuff and putting in the new, he was there to help me too via the phone. Not only is he a great mechanic, but he is also a great computer tech. He also tells me he is a great lover, toooo! I will have to ask Robin about that though! lmbo.. Seriously, Dave is a great help to me and we have one fantastic webmaster, PC Guru, and wencher.... errr, I mean wrencher!!

The new system in my old ATX tower is a ASUS P8Z68-V LX LGA 1155 Motherboard, an Intel Core 4 Core i7-2600K CPU and 2 8GB DDR3 RAM, with one of them being an out of box failure when I started up the PC. So I only have 8GB as Dave said, at the moment. I am going to have to send that one back and get another set. This tower has a 2TB hard drive in it too. As for the power supply, it is a 430W one, and seems to handle things well. This motherboard and CPU are loafing because I don't have any bigtime audio, video or gaming stuff going on with it.

As for the Geek Squad guy, it was not just him, but a couple of others where were trying to tell me that I could not use an adapter plug on my power supply feed, or if I did want to, they had one for $100 I could get. Or I could buy a new power supply from them... Dave really knows his stuff and told me they were full of it, and so it seems they were...

I gots to get some sleeeeepppp! It has been a long day, but this puppy is zipping right along. So far, so good! A neat thing about Win7 is that it picked up all my personal files when I re-loaded Windows. Now I just have to start restoring the software I use. I got email working already. Thanks, Dave!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 03-19-2012, 09:50 AM

Anders is on a distinguished road

I though that updating the computer means buy a new iMac.
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 03-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Super-Experienced

keith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I though that updating the computer means buy a new iMac.
That's how I update too. Except I ain't brave enough to try a Mac.

CLICK HERE for Keith's web site
Old 03-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Experienced

Jimz Bird is on a distinguished road

A little something for the Apple "Fan Boys".

Warning: There a about 2 or 3 uses of Adult Language.

http://www.mcseconcepts.com/movies/mac.wmv

Very Funny - if you are not a True Blue Apple Fan Boy.

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site
Old 03-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Experienced

frank58 is on a distinguished road

ROFL, Great stuff Jim........
and grats to Ray on your first build.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Super-Experienced

gaffney1951 is on a distinguished road
Default Nice job Ray ...

Just make sure it let's you back in the house. " I'm sorry Ray but I'm afraid I can't open the air lock." Mike
Old 03-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

I agree, Jim... I'm sitting here still laughing at the skit after playing it a couple times.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Since I bought my iMac, 3 years ago, I have not have ANY issue, virus or anything what so ever with it. Nada. Zero.
Before that, I use to "lease" through Volvo, where I work. It was a constant problem. I have it repaired, supported and I donīt know what, so many times I lost count. It broke down all the time. And it was no cheep stuff either. No, no.
I frankly donīt give a sh*t in what performance they say they come up with. Gigabytes or megabytes. Iīm sticking with iMac for a long, long, long, long time. It just work. And I have no idea what Megabyte there is in it. LOOKS GOOD TOO!
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Last edited by Anders : 03-20-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:14 AM
Experienced

Jimz Bird is on a distinguished road

What you should have bought 3 years ago was Apple stock.
March 21 2009 it closed at $101.59
March 21 2012 it closed at $605.96

I know I wish I had

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site