This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Apprentice

1oldkid is on a distinguished road

Here is the stuff I am using. This is the first vehicle I have tried this stuff on. Always wanted to use the dynamat but the price was too much for me. Found this and so far have been very pleased.

http://www.thermotec.com/products/14...ntrol-mat.html
Old 02-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Apprentice

Wow how time gets away. It's been awhile since I have worked on the car. Life just got in the way.

I have the rear seat area cleared, got some more of the sound mat and will be getting it in place this week. I will get some pics up as soon as I can. I have also been working out ideas and details on both the interior and trunk layout with a stereo design. I want to keep the stock radio in the dash and have it functional but then also have a hidden system so I can 'enjoy' music too.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Apprentice

Got some more sound deadener applied and took some pics of the progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_3177-1.jpg (145.7 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg misc 028-1.JPG (144.4 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg img_3174-1.jpg (123.8 KB, 102 views)
Old 02-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Apprentice

I have seen a few questions asked about tire sizes and biggest that will fit. Here's what I'm running and they fit perfect without the skirts. I had to shave a small spot on one of the skirts to get them up under the skirt and not rub when the car 'tweaks' going up a curb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_1239-1.jpg (138.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg bird 3-1.JPG (145.9 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg img_2978-1.jpg (129.9 KB, 103 views)
Old 02-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Apprentice

The wheels are 18x9 in the rear and 17x8 in the front. I'll have to get the tires sizes later as I am working hard right now at work, as you guys can tell.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Apprentice

Knew I had it posted somewhere on here. The tires are, front 245 45ZR17's on 17x8" wheels and rear 275 40ZR18's on 18x9" wheels.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:54 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Im not much of a supporter of new wheels on old cars, but this baby is GREAT! Beutiful color also. 10 out of 10!
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Apprentice

Anders, Thanks. They are an aftermarket repop of the early cobra wheels. I just selected them all chrome, but they do come in the gunmetal grey like the originals. Wanting the resto-mod look using 'ford like' items so it doesn't venture to far off the path. The color is a 66 factory color option, medium turquoise metallic.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Super-Experienced

Dakota Boy is on a distinguished road

your car looks awesome, dude.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Apprentice

Finally a couple of pics and an update! Wife and I have spent the last few months becoming foster parents and that set my projects back awhile but I am hoping to get this back on the road before the end of summer.
Anyway, I have the front end torn down and have a few of the parts from one side stripped down, cleaned and painted. Now need to get the other items cleaned/painted and the control arms to the sand blaster so I can get them painted. Last will be me taking time to strip the frame area, and detail all of the wheel well area. I have a new front end rebuild kit, the lowered springs and new brake lines etc to get it back together. After way to much thought I have decided on a satin black frame and control arms, charcoal grey backing plates, strut rods, springs and other misc pieces. Gloss black shocks and chrome sway bar. The hardware will all be zinc plated and the metal brake and fuel lines will all be bright stainless. I go a little too far with the detailing, as I'm told but I want it clean and parts to stand out. Nothing real bright and flashy but clean, detailed and driveable. Here are a couple of pics. My starting point, a few of the parts cleaned and painted, what the hardware looks like before the zinc plating. I try to use as many of the original items as possible, so I take each bolt/part and wire wheel them down to bare metal and then they either get painted/plated or left bare. Sorry for the long gaps in the build and more to follow as I get time.