X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dgs
    Super-Experienced
    • Feb 13 2003

Cars and Coffee

Took the 'Bird to the local Cars and Coffee meeting on June 4th. In a group of mostly more modern rides, she was a real hit. Check out the pictures page for some shots, my own Flickr page and this short video put together by another attendee.

Contrast by _salguod, on Flickr

Cars and Coffee is a national phenomenon, do a search for 'Cars and Coffee' and your town to see if there's one near you. In Columbus they meet every Saturday AM from April - October, and I hope to make quite a few more.
    DGS (aka salguod)
    1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
    www.salguod.net
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Cars and Coffee

Hi Doug! It looks like you had the only Tbird there! You were representing well. She sure looks nice! I checked out Cars and Coffee in San Antonio, and they have had a number of events this year. It looks like different clubs have their own C&C meetings for the make of their cars. I did not see one that was just Tbirds. Thanks for letting me know about this, and thanks for sharing the pix and video clip!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• dgs
      Super-Experienced
      • Feb 13 2003

The spirit of the C&C events is supposed to be for any and all enthusiasts. From classics to rat rods to ricers to exotics and more. If it's a car and you love it, bring it along. So it makes sense that there wouldn't be any mark specific events, although there is another C&C group in Columbus that's geared toward exotics and sports cars. They don't seem well organized though.

I like the variety, but do wish more older cars came. I haven't been able to go back, and won't this Saturday either, but hope to again.
      DGS (aka salguod)
      1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
      www.salguod.net

Comment

• villain
        Apprentice
        • Jan 23 2011

we do them out here all the time too...nothing like the size of the socal meets, but I alternate rides to bring down there. It definitely was started by the Porsche and Ferrari guys and such and I used to take my exotics and such, but I roll in the t-bird or on a bike these days. Everyone loves the squarebird and outside of a couple 56's and 57's, I am rockin the only thunderbird out there it seems.
        -- D_Villain
        - 1960 Thunderbird J-code Golde (Registry #1560)

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎