This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Super-Experienced

RustyNCa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
I was gonna make a comment about the FE motor being in backwards but decided to keep it to myself . . .
, Well, I have a couple 352s laying around and yeah, I have that thought on my agenda, but I need to figure out if a big block will fit where a sbc has been installed.

Also how much of a size difference is there between a C6 and a Turbo 350?

I have an Edlebrock 3x2 manifold but I would really like to find a 6x2 setup. I have heard they are out there, found an add for one that sold for $400.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Super-Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Me and my graphic designer at work discussed the paintjob this morning. We booth liked the upper proposal, but are not sure we would go over the firewall with the graphics. Perhaps let it flow more rear and put the ACME Beer on the firewall-front part. However, we thought it would be interesting to mask the pattern you want and sandblast the outline. Not to shiny, but half-ways so to say, and then just give it some oil or wax for protection.
Yeah, we aren't going over the firewall with it, but it may be up on the cowl of the car.

Interesting about the sandblasting, so you mean the edge we show in white, etc. would be in a shiny bare metal right?
Old 07-07-2010, 01:38 AM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNCa View Post
Yeah, we aren't going over the firewall with it, but it may be up on the cowl of the car.

Interesting about the sandblasting, so you mean the edge we show in white, etc. would be in a shiny bare metal right?
Bare metal. Just not to shiny. Only enough to give it a contrast line.

My mistake: I said Firewall, but ment cowl as it change shape so dramaticly from the side. On a car like this, less is more. I would concider having the ACME Beer logo on the cowl instead. Or perhaps 4 aces ( cards ), or a pinup girl, or a....
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Last edited by Anders : 07-07-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Super-Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Bare metal. Just not to shiny. Only enough to give it a contrast line.

My mistake: I said Firewall, but ment cowl as it change shape so dramaticly from the side. On a car like this, less is more. I would concider having the ACME Beer logo on the cowl instead. Or perhaps 4 aces ( cards ), or a pinup girl, or a....
Or I suppose the ACME pinup girls, they used these three in their advertising campaigns back in the day.

What do you think of this one?

Last edited by RustyNCa : 07-07-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Super-Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Awesome!!!

Love it!!!

Envious!!

Speakeasy Special. Mount an aluminum drum on the rear of the car with "Hootch" written on it.

A couple Ed Roth Ratfink decals . . .

John
Actually we are talking about using some of the "dead" space in the trunk to make a place to carry a mini keg in an iced bucket type deal, run some plumbing to the interior and mount a real functioning tap on the back wall..... I have a very old tap with a tap head for either POS Beer or Pabst.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Super-Experienced

GTE427 is on a distinguished road

I was watching an episode of My Classic Car from Oroville California Gold Rush Car Show and thought I spotted Bryans 29 and 65 Special along with a 56 Chevy about 3 minutes into the show. The 29 looks to have velocity stacks at that time.

Looks like a nice show, over nine hundred cars in attendance.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Super-Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTE427 View Post
I was watching an episode of My Classic Car from Oroville California Gold Rush Car Show and thought I spotted Bryans 29 and 65 Special along with a 56 Chevy about 3 minutes into the show. The 29 looks to have velocity stacks at that time.

Looks like a nice show, over nine hundred cars in attendance.
Really, we were there, I remember seeing them filming the show (be cool to see it). Yeah, it's a really nice show, they have lots of cool shops where you park and the wives and kids have something to look at. In fact that is where we got the Acme beer can at an antique store a few years before that inspired how we did the 29.

We won an award at the show for the 29. "Righteous Rat Rod"

And yeah, we are now running an Edelbrock cross ram intake with 6 strombergs and the stacks we made from aluminized muffler pipe.

Here is what she has changed into...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SpeakEasySpecial1-1.jpg (86.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg SpeakEasySpecial2.jpg (74.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF02173x5.jpg (83.3 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by YellowRose : 05-08-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Downsized pix
Old 03-25-2012, 08:04 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

I love that car!
and the front brakes seems to work ( lower pic )
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 03-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Experienced

Jimz Bird is on a distinguished road

Righteous is THE word to describe it.

Or maybe Bitchin'

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site