X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

'59 Tbird Pre-Delivery Inspection Record

Mark ~ AVANCIER THUNDERBIRD, sent me some forms that he found in his Tbird. They are the 1959 Thunderbird Pre-Delivery and 1000 mile Inspection Record. These forms were blank. One of them had some writing on the top right. It appears to be a note about axles. It says "2.69 - or 3.22 - 1 or 3.22.1. Not sure if it is about axles or what. Has anyone else ever come across these forms? I had to downsize them to be able to upload them. Here is what they look like.
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • GTE427
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 9 2007

What a shame that the Dealer didn't fill them out and left them with the car. Then you'd have some clue to the cars original ownership and region it was purchased from.
    Ken
    1959 J Convertible
    1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• AVANCIER THUNDERBIRD
      • Dec 29 2010

Good morning Ken

Do you know if others have this inspection record filled out that came with their car? I am just curious.

Take care,

Mark Mundorff
      Avancier Thunderbird

Originally posted by GTE427
      What a shame that the Dealer didn't fill them out and left them with the car. Then you'd have some clue to the cars original ownership and region it was purchased from.

Comment

• partsetal
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 4 2005

I have all the delivery materials that came with the 1960 Thunderbird, and the information is as shown above, except it has a year and logo change. This form was with the car, and it also was not filled out. I do have the 'SERVICE POLICY' for this same car and it was filled out by the dealer. Also included at time of purchase was the 'Service literature for Ford Cars and Trucks', an order form from Helm Inc. There was also a laminated card with the '60 that could be filled in with the Dealer's name, serial #, door and trunk key #'s and the delivery date. The one I have had the owner's name and address on the front and the other information on the back was left blank.
        Carl

Comment

• GTE427
          Super-Experienced
          • Oct 9 2007

Mark,

No I don't. Carl would have been my first thought, and he does.
          Ken
          1959 J Convertible
          1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• Dan Leavens
            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray perhaps the guy that you talked to ( who worked on the Wixom line ) could shed some light on whether these forms were standard. Other than the build sheet I have not seen this form over the years and perhaps the Ford dealers created them as some sort of checklist for the new owner??
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍