This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Yup it's the "LAW", # Plates are required front & back Australia wide.

Chris....Drom the Land of OZ.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Experienced

Petrolhead is on a distinguished road

Yep, front plates are law here in NZ but I haven't put one on my '62 as it spoils the look. Ain't been sprung yet, but the instant NZ$200 fine will happen eventually.

I went into a gas station the other day and I had to prepay, because the attendants couldn't see a front licence plate and thought I'd do a runner without paying.

Bill, those Tbirds really do look awesome together.

Sorry, I can't help but drag this whole thread down into the gutter by saying that your photo sure shows some great girl and girl action...
Old 05-25-2009, 01:20 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Both girls together

HI Bill,

Thanks for posting the pictures of your two girls! They look really nice together. I also like the lower look of Pearl. As for adding a '58 to the group and having the Trifecta, as someone said, yup, ya need to do that down the road. However, I also know that you need to take good care of "Momma" first.. As the old saying goes, "If Momma is not happy, no one is happy". And another one, "All good things come to those who wait".

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 05-25-2009, 02:54 AM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

I totally agree with the whole license plate thing, lets get rid of them. I am with you Alistair, as soon as Pearl goes over the inspection pit and gets her registration I am going to run only a back plate also....until the fine - "sorry officer, it must have fell off in the garage at home".

Here in Western Australia they have taken the step of not having the actual rego disc stuck on your window (as well as the plates) as at October of this year, so that is one step in the right direction.

I am not even searching ebay for a white '58, well Ok I have had a couple of looks.....
Old 05-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Experienced

chewrocks is on a distinguished road

Your cars look very happy together. Great looking Tbirds.

I didnt put the front plate on mine when I put the new bumper on. I do keep it under the front seat of the car.

Years ago I had a 63 chevy Pickup that was lowered with lots of chrome up front and no front plate. When I bought the truck the plate was under the front seat. I owned it for 12 yrs and was stopped 2 times because of it. Both times I told the officer that it had just fallen off and I hadnt put it back on yet. First time I was simply told to get it put back on. Second time the cop asked if I had the plate in the truck and he wanted to see it. Well it had been under the seat for many years and had a nice layer of dust on it. So much for "It just fell off". It was more than obvious it had been off for a long time. Again was told to get it put back on, which I never did. I didnt get a ticket either time.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Say Bill, do the plates have to be blue?
I was just thinking if you had say silver or chrome color with black lettering, it wouldn't be so noticeable...
Its the law in a lot of places, the plates don't bother me really
Old 05-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Experienced

57ford/60thunderbird is on a distinguished road

here in ohio front plates are "required" but i havent had one on any of my cars since like 1990 i gotten a couple warnings and i believe 2 25.00 tickets i think if you have the plate laying on the dash in view they wont bother you but who needs a potentally(sp?) sharp edged flying object in the car with them
69 roadrunner
Old 05-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Busted Knuckles

Penelope is on a distinguished road

As the cars are both going to be performing as wedding cars, I will have to get "Charter Vehicle" plates which are black and yellow (like Californian old plates) so I am hoping they will look better....still plenty to do on Pearl first though!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:04 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Gonna look like you ran into a giant bumble bee and it got stuck in the birds teeth...LOL

Just kidding...plates are required, and really is one of those things one learns to forget about seeing....just ask any witness to a hit and run...didn't get the plate #
Old 05-29-2009, 04:39 AM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead View Post
Yep, front plates are law here in NZ but I haven't put one on my '62 as it spoils the look. Ain't been sprung yet, but the instant NZ$200 fine will happen eventually.

I went into a gas station the other day and I had to prepay, because the attendants couldn't see a front licence plate and thought I'd do a runner without paying.

Bill, those Tbirds really do look awesome together.

Sorry, I can't help but drag this whole thread down into the gutter by saying that your photo sure shows some great girl and girl action...
Still run the Oregon plates on my '66 - surprisingly enough they have the same letter/number combination as my NZ plates.......no problems with 'the man' yet.