A big surprise

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whpaul
    Hallo John ,
    FPA gave the answers to all my questions, the headers will fit and they are of good quality and even cool the engine down with the effect of additional power.
    But the do not ship to europe!!!
    It is to much expensive to fly over to get them personally.

I need anew idea or a new tip from insiders.

whpaul
    You need an intermediary or intermodal shipper service. I can think 4 possibilites; 1) who do you know in the States who could ship them to Germany for you? A friend such as this could simply recieve the manifolds from FPA, then mail them USPS to Germany; 2) In the States there are several retail mailing service outlets that would do this for you. One such store that I am familiar with is Mailboxes, etc.; 3) Perhaps you might know a USA military man/woman stationed in Germany that could utilize the US armed forces to get your package shipped to a military base, and; 4) maybe try to find another Bird or car enthusiast, or someone else in Germany shipping stuff over via container, and team up with them with your package to be delivered in a container shipment.

I just went to usps.com and calculated 1st class priority for a 50 lb 12x18x5 package from the USA to Germany and the cost is $177.45 USD. Maybe if you talked to FPA real nicely they would make an exception and do this USPS shipping for you. Really, it's just click and ship right from your desktop computer and the post office even picks the package up at your door. The online priority postage rate was even less expensive, $168.00.

Hope this all helps you to get your new manifolds.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎