Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

Here's the 74 Spider, back in her web. That car was $4400 when new. I'm working on a custom, carved wood panel for the dash.

4 cyl, DOHC, solid lifters. 1.8 liters making a whopping 115 HP. 5 speed overdrive transmission. 4 wheel disc brakes with an active pressure modulator for the rears.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
      Banned
      • Aug 11 2012

Car's back in my garage, delivered yesterday. Hopefully I'll have time next week to get the water pump, radiator, efi and all the rest back on. Has VR1 30w in it for break in. Dave and Mike want to be there for initial start up. Super busy at work though, have a vacation coming up the week after so have to get a stack done there.

Comment

• Yadkin
        Banned
        • Aug 11 2012

Got 'er done. Well, nearly. I need to find a fitting for my mechanical oil pressure gage, prime the oil pump, drop in the distributor and turn the key.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
          Banned
          • Aug 11 2012

Well, the car's been running for about two weeks now and the lifters are nice and quiet.

However I've been having problems with the Taylor "Street Thunder" spark plug wires that I bought recently. Several of the connectors came off when I've removed them, they weren't crimped on well. So I purchased a crimp tool, new Taylor terminals and repaired all 8.

Yesterday I ran the car 90 miles down I-40 and it ran well. But, when I got off at my exit it was missing one or more cylinders.

I had another 50 miles to get to my destination here in the mountains and I barely made it.

Tonight I took the plugs out, finding this.

Plug 1 is upper left, 8 is lower right. Guess which spark plug wire was not doing its job? Advance Auto Parts in Boone has a set of MSD wires on the shelf with my name on them.

I also found #3 insulator was cracked. This is the second Autolite plug that I have cracked in three months- never cracked a plug prior to that. I have a new set of Motorcraft plugs in Boone as well.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
            Banned
            • Aug 11 2012

The MSD universal set is much better than the Taylors. The boots fit the plugs perfectly, and the connections are a "snap".

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎