X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, MikeBird !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, MikeBird! Mike hales from Germany and does not own a Tbird, but is looking for a '60 Tbird. It is always great to have another member in Germany! Let us know what model, color, etc., and we can help you find one. If you do find one, look at the Technical Resource Library (TRL) on this Forum. Down at the bottom of it next to last, you will find the Vehicle Check List that members created to help someone who is looking to buy a Tbird. The link to it is always part of my signature element. Print it out and go over it. Take it with you, if you wish, or at least learn what to look for when inspecting one of these old Birds as a prospective buyer. The check list can help you select or reject the car you are looking at. It might save you a lot of money and headaches down the road or confirm that you think the car is worth buying. I would recommend that you save my phone number should you ever need to contact me. Should you have any problems navigating our Forum, please contact me, Ray Clark ~ YellowRose, John Pizzi ~ jopizz, or Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected, our webmaster. His phone number is 248-544-8834. Enjoy The Journey!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • MikeBird
    • Nov 15 2015

Hello everybody!

Thanks for the heartily welcome.

And first of all: Thank you really much for the valuable information you already shared with me, Ray!
    I hope that I can give something back someday...

I'd like to introduce myself a litte more detailed.
    While discussing about automobile styling, my father showed me cars from the age of the fin tails. This was around 2007 or even earlier. Since then, I was a fan of the american automobiles from that age. By chance I came across the Thunderbird while reading a thread in a German forum. Somebody was looking for a Mustang or Charger and one of the other members supposed him to look if he liked the Thunderbird. I was curious, searched for some images and then I really fell in love with the style!

The Thunderbird is not the only car I like for its style, but for some reason it became my favourite over the past years.
    I already looked for a 1960 TBird at a dealer, but it was in bad condition.

The TBird wouldn't be my first vintage project. But you all for sure will agree, that it is easier to start with a good base rather than rising the phenix from the ashes.
    Since 2012 I am the proud owner of a 1982 Honda Silverwing. I repaired and restored it. But there are still some things to do, to keep it running and to finish the restoration.

Over the next weeks I'll look through the forum and when I have made up my mind, I'll let you know what I am looking for.

Thank you for your time and I wish you all a pleasant day!
    Mike

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎