• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul274854
    Apprentice
    • Mar 10 2011

New Member intro

OK-I started off of the wrong foot by screwing up - sorry

I would like to intro myself. I have a 56 TBird, bought in 2007. Had to do some major interior and electrical work to get it on the road. The Bird is now undergoing a frame off which I hope will be ready for the CTCI regional in June. Modifying it somewhat, including a C-4 trans swap.

I have two major trips in the Bird, the first to a CTCI International show in Portland, Or. (from NJ) and the second to the International CTCI meeting in Dayton, OH. I love to drive this car.

I also have a 48 Ford Convertible with a 302, C4 and late rear. It has quite a few custom touches. I have had this car 25 years and have driven it extensively around the east coast. I love to drive this one too. My other car is a 54 Ford with a few custom touches and is powered by a modified 312 backed up by a top loader 4 speed and a 9 inch rear.

I do most of the mechanical work on the cars.

I hope to be able to offer any help that I can.
    Midland Park, NJ
    56 TBird, 54 Ford, 48 Ford,
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

New Member intro

Hi Paul, Thanks for taking the lead in starting a New Member Intro thread. I hope that the 40 some new Little Bird members will introduce themselves to us so we can get to know all of you better.

As for screwing up, Paul, you didn't. You just did not know how this Forum is set up. Heck, Jed has been a member for several years and he didn't know some of the things that I pointed out in my post. I am sure it is the same with many other older members. When Alexander Sosiak founded Squarebirds and set it up, he set it to show the newest posts first and that is the way it has been ever since. That is the default setting for all members. I guess he felt like I do, and other Administrators/Moderators. We all look at and review each new thread started, and all other threads, and all the posts in them. So we already know what is in them and are interested in what is being said in the newest posts. But in his wisdom, when he set up this Forum, he also gave us a good number of features that can be edited and changed, as I pointed out, like changing from viewing Newest First to Newest Last. Something else he also provided (which I suspect does not often get used) is a set of FAQ's found in the black bar towards the top of the Forum. Right next to User CP. Those FAQ's cover several main areas and about 30 common questions and answers that often come up.

Thanks for introducing yourself and telling us about about your Tbirds and other cars you own. I see you are a member that is going through a frame off restoration. Hopefully, it will be ready for the next CTCI events. I will be showing my '59 Tbird at my first VTCI event in April. It will be the first time it will be judged under VTCI judging rules and I hope it fairs well.

That was quite a trip you made from NJ to Oregon and back and then to Ohio. You got to enjoy driving it before going through the restoration in progress now, and came to love driving the car. That is really important.

We would love to see pictures of your other cars you own. So that our other members can see them, I would suggest they be posted in the General Discussion section in the Our Rides Forum. We love to see what our other members are working on or driving. For the time being, until you decide which way you want to go in posting pictures, you can send them to me and I can post them for you. Your Little Bird pix we will post in this Forum. It is good that you are able to do much of the mechanical work on your cars. Others, like myself, are not that fortunate. In my case, it is lack of mechanical ability, age and health. But I have learned a ton of information about how to work on these old Birds since I have been on this Forum. There is just so much information to be soaked up.

I would think, that with your mechanical abilities, you should be a great asset here to your fellow Little Bird and other car owners. Feel free to jump in and help.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• carguybill
      • Mar 9 2011

So Paul, will you be making it to the CTCI meet in Richmond in June?

How many other Classic T-Bird owners are going to be there?
      Bill Brown
      Coshocton, OH
      CTCI #57

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Paul, a very hearty, 'welcome' to you. I appreciate a fellow restorer and the vast knowledge and experience you bring to our forum.

I hope you feel at home here. We are a friendly bunch who enjoy sharing our passion with other owners, restorers, and enthusiasts. All of us are eager to help out whenever we can. This was Alexander's intent when he started Squarebirds.org.

Please ask questions and don't ever worry about asking. We don't allow flames, slurs, spam, or profanity on our forums, to protect our members, both female and male. (Private Messages are uncensored.)

Regarding your frame-off '56... did you keep the 312, or is it also a SBF? I hope you didn't have problems finding 12-volt gauges for her. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• paul274854
          Apprentice
          • Mar 10 2011

Originally posted by simplyconnected
          Paul, a very hearty, 'welcome' to you. I appreciate a fellow restorer and the vast knowledge and experience you bring to our forum.

I hope you feel at home here. We are a friendly bunch who enjoy sharing our passion with other owners, restorers, and enthusiasts. All of us are eager to help out whenever we can. This was Alexander's intent when he started Squarebirds.org.

Please ask questions and don't ever worry about asking. We don't allow flames, slurs, spam, or profanity on our forums, to protect our members, both female and male. (Private Messages are uncensored.)

Regarding your frame-off '56... did you keep the 312, or is it also a SBF? I hope you didn't have problems finding 12-volt gauges for her. - Dave
          Dave - staying with the 312. Its been good to me so far. 56's used 12 volt gauges, the only year Ford had 12 volt gauges. All before and after ( to the 80's somewhere I think) used 6 volt gauges with a voltage reducer.
          Midland Park, NJ

Comment

• paul274854
            Apprentice
            • Mar 10 2011

Originally posted by carguybill
            So Paul, will you be making it to the CTCI meet in Richmond in June?

How many other Classic T-Bird owners are going to be there?
            Bill: I am going, regardless if the car is done. I have heard that the hotel is pretty full, so attendance should be good. About 10 cars are coming from my club here in NJ
            Midland Park, NJ

Comment

• Jimz Bird
              Experienced
              • Feb 3 2011

Hi Paul,

Welcome and while you are here...

I was reading a thread on Y-Blocks Forever that you started on Feb 10 about cam oiling. Sooo since that was started in 2008, I would imagine that you have tried some alternatives. What do you recommend or have found that works well from your experience?

This probably should be moved to the Y-Block section on the Forum but just thought I would pop it here.

TIA for your input on this subject.
              Jim
              Jimz Greenie with a White Hat and Brown Guts (ZE-XG)
              sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site

Comment

• paul274854
                Apprentice
                • Mar 10 2011

Jim - actually I was trying to get some information to help a friend of mine who had an oiling problem.

He pulled the cam and had the groove machined and his engine seems to be ok now.
                Midland Park, NJ

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                  Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Paul also welcome and as the others have said jump on in and with your knowledge should be a great asset, to what I believe ( and I may be biased ) is the best Thunderbird site on the planet Remember if you think " you started off on the wrong foot " you always have another one, to get back on track with this talented crew. Again welcome.
                  Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                  Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍