X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • booalou
    Apprentice
    • Jun 7 2007

vacuum leak

When I start my 62 tbird the motor runs a little rough indicating a vacuum leak. My questions is if the power booster is bad will the motor react this why even if your foot not on the brake. I've had problems with the vacuum checkvalve at the booster in the past but have replaced it and it was working fine. Now I'm having this problem and felt I would ask the question here then start changing alll the hoses before I spend the money onthe booster.Would also like any thoughts about going to a junk yard to get a booster. Its my understanding that boosters from tbirds as well as other fords during the same years would work.Any thoughts or help would be appreciated......thanks!
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

An easy way to check if the brake booster is leaking vacuum is to disconnect the line to the booster and plug it.
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• booalou
      Apprentice
      • Jun 7 2007

Vacuum leak Part 2

I went and plugged the vacuum kline as suggested and found I no longer had the vacuum leak. Now my problems is should I try and replace the vacuum check valve (no visible signs of cracks or leaks but it has giving me problems in the past that pipe dope help but not this time) before the booster or should I just replace the booster?

Your thoughts?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎