X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

Hemmings Classic Car Squarebird Buyer's Guide

Just got my December 2007 issue of Hemmings Classic Car - one of my favorite magazines. The issue features on the the front cover the included Buyer's Guide for the 1958-60 Thunderbird in this issue.

It was great reading, but there were many factual errors in article, unfortunately. The oddest thing is that the article states that the fan is six inches from the radiator with no shroud. Six Inches! Someone must have shortened my Squarebirds, because those fans are only a fraction of an inch from the radiators.

The article has a paragraph on my improved detent plates solving the jumping out of park problem, but unfortunately does mention me or give a source to buy them.
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Hemmings

Alexander I too just read the article in Hemmings and it was laid out pretty nicely. Most of the contents although they were somewhat accurate had some great pictures of our squarebirds.I was chuckling at page 81 at the " What to Pay"
    section and the low, average & high suggestions.This goes back to our original discussions about what our squarebirds can command. As far as the detent plate I would send an e-mail to Gregory Hunter IS Director (Page 2 ) and have him include in the next publication, to let theri readers know where they can order the detent plate.It's one thing to mention the new plate produced by a CNC but they should provide an e-mail or contact same as the vendor list.

Well I am off, for our final cruise of the year.
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• dgs
      Super-Experienced
      • Feb 13 2003

Dad subscribed to HCC & I read it whenever I get up to his house in Toledo. He mentioned that Squarebird article was coming. I can't wait to see it, probably not until we go up for Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately, Hemmings in recent years has let their guard down. Back when HCC was Special Interest Autos, it seemed to have better quality control. There are usually several factual errors in each issue. One recent issue on wagons had 2 pictures of mid 50's Ford cars mere pages apart/. One was labeled right, the other wrong. Other times, the cars pictured are obviously not in real good condition (and I'm not talking the unrestored 'drivable dreams' articles.).

Still, I love the mag and it's focus on mainstream American iron. The drivable dreams segments are great. They should mention this site and the Squarebirds Yahoo list as resources. Invaluable.
      DGS (aka salguod)
      1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
      www.salguod.net

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

I sent out today an e-mail to the editors on the article with list of a dozen corrections as well stating that I am the designer of the new improved detent plate. I hope they publish it.
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Excellent. Now let's see whether they publish both you, as the original source for the detent plate and the corrections.

Dano Calgary, Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• 6TB1RD
            Experienced
            • Apr 9 2006

DID Not get

You know I usually get my HCC on time every time but all I got this time was a notice saying this is my last issue with a renewal slip, it seems that I usually get these notices in an plastic sleeve with the issue.

Some one must be Enjoying HCC on My dime they must of needed it more then me
            George (Papa of 9)
            1960 H/T :rolleyes:
            Home Page http://squarebirds.org/users/6tb1rd/
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=31811
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡