Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderstruck
    • Apr 2 2007

My other car is a ...

Alright, so we all have various T birds, and I would imagine that most of us don't drive them on a daily basis (much as we might like to).

Let's get a list of what people's daily drivers are. I'll start. About a year ago I bought a Dodge Magnum, in Inferno Red, and love it to death. (mine is in the front).

My daily driver is a 1981 Subaru four wheel drive stationwagon. Grate little car and only cost $500

Comment

Every day I drive my little Chev. Geo the only problem is that it only gets about 40 MPG and with gas prices I might have to go back to work if the get much higher I have been looking for a more efficent car any suggestions
      Bob M

Comment

• SandyBoy
        Super-Experienced
        • Oct 31 2002

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, Springtime "Feature" Car .... "THE LIMITED" ~ featuring black vertical grille bars in a chrome surround, simulated wool carpeting, additional interior wood trim, the first use of Xexon HID Fog Lights to match the HID headlights, a unique body color, "Mineral Green" a silver-green very high metallic content paint, a unique interior color of Grey-Beige called "Stone" and the power closing trunk lid from fully opened posistion, along with other touches. She has just 12,000 on her, in 4 years.

Comment

Just a little old f 150 2002. With gas like this I 'm kinda glad i traded my lighting in on it. (but i miss that one). First year 93
          but you can't keep them all.......Bill

Comment

• Dan Leavens
            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Hi guys this is kind of neat some cars other than our T-Birds
            and obviously the day to day ones we really depend on.
            I drive two ( 2 ) vehicles 2006 300C ** yes with the Hemi ** and my wife's 2006 Jimmy 4 X 4. As we are 4200 feet above sea level the snow can accumulate and the 300C is pretty much useless.Too much powere and low profile.
            The Magnum looks great in the inferno red and also has a tough look to it.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• fomoco59
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 10 2005

- '98 Olds Aurora, Gold Package, in Emerald Green, 52k miles
              - '90 Suburban 2WD, white, nice, out of Texas, 118k, 10 mpg!
              - '02 Thunderbird Premium, black, 14k miles, Mom's toy.

I'm looking for an old pickup to replace the 'Burban. Prefer a '70's Ford XLT. I only travel 3 miles to work.
              sigpic
              Mike Lemmon
              '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• Alexander
                Webmaster
                • Oct 30 2002

My other car is a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition that I bought new. It was built the last day of regular production of the Mark series. It is a daily driver, but I have taken it to shows such as All-Ford Carlisle.
                Attached Files
                Alexander
                1959 Hard Top
                1960 Golde Top
                sigpic

Comment

• JohnG
                  John
                  • Jul 28 2003

1995 Subaru Legacy with 175K miles. Bought it for $2995 four years ago and have only put an alternator in it since. Most absurdly reliable vehicle I have ever seen. Only gets 25 mpg commuting, its only shortcoming. Great in snow in New England and lots of room for hauling TBird parts around.

When the weather is good I have a 1976 Honda 750 that I am the original owner of. That gets about 50 mpg.

John
                  58 Hardtop
                  1958 Hardtop
                  #8452 TBird Registry
                  http://tbird.info/registry/DataSheet...r~equals~8452)

photo: http://www.squarebirds.org/users/joh...d_June2009.jpg
                  history:
                  http://www.squarebirds.org/users/johng/OCC.htm

Comment

• tarps3
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jul 21 2003

Daily driver: 1996 Explorer (loaded) 4-wheel-drive. I know, it's another hated SUV but it's paid for and has never let me down. It's made it thru multiple ski trips in Colorado and our wonderful Okie ice storms.
                    My other vehicle I take the dump, swap meets, lumber yard is a '87 Ford F150. Was my 92-year-old grandmother's farm truck until her eyesight started failing last year. Unbelievable condition and low miles. bullet-proof.
                    Once I get my '53 Olds 98 finished, I plan on driving it almost as often as a 'daily driver'.
                    Casey

Comment

• peeeot
                      Experienced
                      • Oct 23 2005

My other car is a 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme convertible, one of 1515 produced that year. I bought it with 85000 miles and now it has around 92k. Only problems it had were with the ABS system, but once fixed, they've stayed fixed. Needs a new top.

Could be that the T-bird will be the daily driver soon, though...

Comment

• Gazza
                        Apprentice
                        • Feb 3 2009

My daily is a 2001 BMW 'M' Roadster. This pic was taken early February 2009 during a 'Run' with other Zedders in Derbyshire which is middle England. We did about 500 miles on the 'Run' over the weekend.

My other car is a '65 Mustang Fastback which I imported from Florida back in August 2008.

The car I most look forward to driving is the T-Bird......Class on Wheels

'64 390 TBird Hardtop
                        '65 Mustang Fastback
                        '01 BMW 'M' Roadster

Comment

• RustyNCa
                          Super-Experienced
                          • May 31 2007

My daily driver is a 00 Camaro SS, the olds with it's 455 makes a terrible daily driver at 6 mpg on supreme.

Comment

That t-bird is off the hook! So is the olds. You might as well say I have 3 daily drivers. !970 cougar XR7, !971 mark 3 and the back up 02 f150. I won't take the t-birds to work for fear of the windshields. Hopefuly I'm going to figure this picture thing out. Just got a new camara phone. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!........

Comment

Almost 2 years late on this thread - maybe it is time for previous posters to update anyway......

My daily driver is a '98 Subie Legacy Station Wagon. With winter treads on this time of year. Haven't gone sideways once this year so far.......

My effie, when there is not any salt on the roads, is my "dump truck", used for short trips to adjust the mind; luggin' and totin' and goin' to the dump.

My T-Bird is my trailer queen as that is the only way it can see the road right now. Hope to show it the road sometime this coming summer again when the barn is ready for it to come home as it has been close to 3 years.........

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎