X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sidewalkman
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 14 2015

Help with head replacement

I'm putting the heads back together, after pulling the whole top end to replace the exhaust manifold gasket.

BUT I put everything separate as to drivers side and passengers side but they were moved (one of the joys of condo life) so each head looks identical. The only difference I can see is there are casting numbers. What I assume is drivers side has a 22 on it, and the other one has a 23. Am I correct, is there another way to tell them apart?
    Scott
    South Delta, BC, Canada
    1960 White T-Bird, PS, PB that's it
    Red Leather Interior!
    www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
    Thunderbird Registry #61266
    http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Both heads are identical so it shouldn't matter which side you put them on.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
      Experienced
      • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by sidewalkman
      I'm putting the heads back together, after pulling the whole top end to replace the exhaust manifold gasket.

BUT I put everything separate as to drivers side and passengers side but they were moved (one of the joys of condo life) so each head looks identical. The only difference I can see is there are casting numbers. What I assume is drivers side has a 22 on it, and the other one has a 23. Am I correct, is there another way to tell them apart?
      Just for clarification, With Ford part numbers it is always ending with even numbers on the right ( passenger side ) and odd numbers on the left ( driver side ) .

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎