Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

There's a small round access hole that the factory put in for that specific purpose. I looks like it wasn't large enough.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• DKheld
      Super-Experienced
      • Aug 27 2008

Nicolas - congratulations on your new car!!!
      What a great Christmas present.
      (you must have been a really good boy this year )

Hopefully Carl Heller here on the forum will see your post for parts request and help you out - he has about everything you can imagine (new and used). I have bought quite a few items from him and am very happy with my purchases. If not give him a shout - his forum name is partsetal

I noticed that there is a small bracket missing that should hold the transmission pressure valve. It bolts where the accelerator bracket is on the intake manifold. Should be fine without it and is probably plugged at the transmission. The accelerator return spring is in the wrong place and probably another small bracket missing that bolts on the carburetor stud - again - no big deal and just little things you can clean up as you go.
      Here's a pic of the small spring bracket that I saw on the internet - thought I would post it.

Let us know when you get the car.
      There a a bunch of great folks on the forum that will be glad help you out with your questions.

Eric

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Nicolas congrats on the purchase of your TBird. Now you can enjoy the benefits of our knowledgeable birders on our site in restoring it to your standards. These people are good / experienced and have gone through many restorations. Please send many pixs during this process as we all like to see them
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Nicolas
          Apprentice
          • Apr 22 2014

I will open a new thread in the proper area and you guys will be able to follow the adventure of that ol' Tbird heading to the Old Continent !!!

Comment

• Nicolas
            Apprentice
            • Apr 22 2014

Is anyone able to tell me the diameter of the wheels ? Are they 14 or 15 inches ? I mean only by looking at the pictures.

I need to buy 4 tires and can't wait for ly logistic to come back from holidays.

Nick

Comment

• bird 60
              Super-Experienced
              • Mar 18 2009

Hi Nicolas & congratulations on your '59 BIRD. I hope you have a Good run with it. The original wheels from factory were 14''.

Wishing you & your Family a Happy New Year.

Chris....From OZ.

Comment

• elijahbird7
                Experienced
                • Nov 12 2013

Since the photos show hubcaps that are not original, there is always a "slight" possibility that the rims could have been switched by a previous owner to 15". (?)

Comment

• jopizz
                  Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

They look like 80's Oldsmobile wire hubcaps to me. They could be 15" as that's what I had on my Oldsmobile at the time but it's hard to tell by the pictures.

John
                  John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                  jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎