No announcement yet.

NASCAR recreation for sale

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

NASCAR recreation for sale

This guy's dropped in a 460 w/ dual fours.

Pix

This thing is pretty cool!

Comment

• frank58
      Super-Experienced
      • May 28 2006

I wonder what year it was? it has a 58 grille... but they didn't have sunroofs in 58...........the rest has ben de-chromed so you cant tell.

Comment

• dgs
        Super-Experienced
        • Feb 13 2003

That thing was on eBay a while back and someone commented on it here. Here's the eBay auction and here's the discussion. I wonder if it's the same guy, the new owner or a Craig's list scam.

The listing calls it a '60, which it would have to be as a sunroof. Frankly, I think it's a waste of a good sunroof, but that's just me.
        DGS (aka salguod)
        1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
        www.salguod.net

Comment

• frank58
          Super-Experienced
          • May 28 2006

Originally posted by dgs
          Frankly, I think it's a waste of a good sunroof, but that's just me.
          how true, there are so few of these cars left... I don't understand why some modders pick the rarest models to customize when there are so many "plain Jane's" available. I often wonder how many truely original birds are left out there.

Comment

Hi guys, I am the seller of this car, thought I would give you a little more info. on it , I bought it from the fellow who restored it, He bought it without engine or trans and in terrible shape and restored it. it is a true 60 sunroof car .He loved the 60 racing history so he did his thing with it, and changed some things, all things that can be changed back. I bought it because it was so unique, thought I would enjoy it and return it back to original some day, there are plenty of original power trains out there, and everything else is done, he saved this car and I am glad he did it. I am only selling because I now have to many cars, just got a 59 TBird conv, needless to say people who see this car, if not square bird lovers....love this car. Mike

Comment

I like that Bird 59..I think the mods are done well.And your right it wouldn't take much to put it back to stock if someone wanted to..But who would?
              I'll bet ya she screams!!!
              Good luck with the sell and maybe we'll see ya this weekend in Monroe.
              Cheers!

Comment

• Petrolhead
                Experienced
                • Jul 2 2007

Nascar recreation down under

Hi
                Here's a way cool nascar recreation from New Zealand that was featured in a magazine recently.
                The '58 is owned and was built by automotive mechanic Steve Gooch, he fitted a 416ci Windsor from a speedway saloon car and added twin 700hp Garrett turbochargers, wastegates, blow-off valves and an intercooler.
                The paint was heavily sunburnt and weathered, so Steve had a local airbrush artist add the old-style Nascar signage, and also repaint some body repairs to match the old paint. Even the 'rust runs' are airbrushed on.
                The C6 transmission is rated at 1000hp and includes a 3000 stall converter. Wilwood four piston callipers have been installed front and rear, a pair of brake boosters is installed along with an adjustable rear bias valve to ensures it all operates evenly.
                The rear is a the factory 9-inch that has a Detroit Locker head and 31-spline Moser axles.
                The hood has ‘408’ painted on either side - in anticipation of a new, more powerful engine that Steve's going to install.
                Attached Files

Comment

• frank58
                  Super-Experienced
                  • May 28 2006

Hi Mike (59lover) is that dashboard fiberglass? It really looks sharp.

Comment

Oh ya!!
                    The great thing about this body style is that it can be the bad boy or be the star of the ball (just like me!!..LOL)..
                    Is there a web link for this bad boy?
                    would love to hear about the turbo's ..was just talking to a guy tonight thats twin turboing a 390 in his Galaxie.
                    Cheers to deversity!

Comment

• Petrolhead
                      Experienced
                      • Jul 2 2007

Hi El Guapo

here's a link to his site, http://www.endeavourmotors.co.nz/ and pm me with your postal address and I'll mail you a copy of the magazine it was in

Cheers

Alistair

Comment

Hi Frank 58, the dash is metal, I did not ask him what he did to the dash, not knowing anything about these cars, I just assumed that this was the metal dash under the padded dash, can you tell if that is true, later this summer I and going to be putting a new dash pad in my 59, read the various info. on this .....does not look like fun.

Comment

• frank58
                          Super-Experienced
                          • May 28 2006

thanks Mike, no, thats not whats underneath the pad, I have not done a replacement myself, others here sure have.... but I have one coming up.... there are some great step by step instructions with pictures in the technical section of our site.
                          Hmmmmmmmmmmm....
                          I just went to look and it seems the pictures are not showing up for some reason.. I'm sure it's only a temporary glitch.

Comment

• frank58
                            Super-Experienced
                            • May 28 2006

Mike, I do have another excellent step by step guide for dashpad replacement... if you would like it send me an e-mail address via PM and I will send it to you... it's in PDF format and has great pictures and tips.

I would be happy to send it to anyone else with interest also.

Comment

• dgs
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Feb 13 2003

Originally posted by 59lover
                              ... he saved this car and I am glad he did it. ...
                              Me too, absolutely. You're right - nothing done there that can't be 'undone' if you want. That's what I wnat to do with mine. So far, that's only wheels. To each his own, I guess.
                              DGS (aka salguod)
                              1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
                              www.salguod.net

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎