No announcement yet.

1960 Hardtop in Long Beach

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1960 Hardtop in Long Beach

Howdy everyone. I have a 1960 hardtop with the 352 sitting in my garage being restored with the emphasis on store. It was my dads car and I took it to restore it and as so often happens, things like marriage, grad school, and a baby have taken the time I thought I had to work on the car. It has taken me a while to admit that it is better off in another's hands so here I am.....

Here is the status of the car:

White with red top, red/white interior. 352, PS, no A/C. Manual windows.

The Body is in great condition, a long time ago the body was primed and ready for painting but not painted. the primer it still there and needs work before painting since it has been exposed to atmosphere for a while.

Light rust just behind the front wheel and that is about it
    I replaced the floorpans as they were rusted out, but the metal under them was actually really good.

The car is complete and it ran when I started disassembling it 3 years ago and I pulled the engine and tranny (sitting separate at the moment), removed the brake system as it was leaking from the M/C and the wheel cylinders. The engine has very few miles since a rebuild about 15 years ago when my dad had it. Other than needing fresh powder coating and the such, it is good.

I've got an extra front bumper and an extra hood (my dad wanted a better cowl chrome piece and front grill so he got the extra parts.

There is an extra dash assembly with most all the guages, but the original dash looks good except for the pad.

The seats were all recovered maybe 10 years ago and look really nice. Have a carpet set, a headliner kit, and other miscellaneous parts. It has 4 good tires on it for restoration purposes, not whitewalls that it deserves once completed.

To turn into a daily driver, it needs Master cylinder (or repair the existing one), brake lines, wheel cylinders, paint job, elbow grease with a lot of the included spare parts. Chroming of detail parts is up to individual preference regarding how orginal looking versus new looking one would want it.

The only thing I can think of that is needed on the interior is the trim piece behind the rear seats on the deck. The trim piece is there, but needs to be recovered.

Now, I haven't looked at all the parts in a while, so I plan on pulling all the removed parts out and taking photos of them.

If someone is local and interested in checking out a potential good find, then you are welcome to PM me and lets arrange to check it out. otherwise wait for photos etc....

Once I inventory and log the condition of all the major parts, I may put it on ebay, but would prefer to offer it to someone here first. The good new is that since it is disassembled, it is easier to check the condition of hidden places and the sort and I think anyone would be pretty surprised at the overall goo restorability of this car without a lot of metal altering type of work.

Until I log the condition of a lot of things, I can't be sure of the right price, but I think it could go as high as $3500, but I will reserve judgement until I make sure everything is still in good condition from storage. If things have deteriorated beyond what I recall, a lower price would be reasonable.

That's it for now,

Regards,
    Chris Speights

$2500 more reasonable?

Comment

So I am getting more desperate for garage space and have advertised it for $1600 in the local classifieds.

I still need to take all of the parts stacked inside of the car and remove them for photos and such, but it would be easiest if interested buyers would simply stop by and check it out in person like in the old days.

I have had some interest off of craigslist and I expect with the lower price, I will get more. I am not in the business of parting out and frankly can't stand the thought of parting out a complete car, but the price is getting close to where someone could part out the bumpers, hood, engine, and a few other bits and be pretty close to break even I think..... Maybe I'm off base, I don't know.....

you can email me at:

chris
      dot speights
      at
      verizon
      dot com

Comment

• second59
        Apprentice
        • Jul 2 2006

Your Tbird

[QUOTE=Monsterdood;18854]So I am getting more desperate for garage space and have advertised it for $1600 in the local classifieds.

I still need to take all of the parts stacked inside of the car and remove them for photos and such, but it would be easiest if interested buyers would simply stop by and check it out in person like in the old days.

I have had some interest off of craigslist and I expect with the lower price, I will get more. I am not in the business of parting out and frankly can't stand the thought of parting out a complete car, but the price is getting close to where someone could part out the bumpers, hood, engine, and a few other bits and be pretty close to break even I think..... Maybe I'm off base, I don't know.....

you can email me at:

chris
        dot speights
        at
        verizon
        dot co

Hi Chris : Your email address listed here seems to be wrong. Could you contact me when you have a minute. I have a few questions. bast@shaw.ca Thanks

Comment

It is chris.speights@verizon.net

I just took some photos tonight and posted them up for reference.

Comment

• tully
            Experienced
            • Mar 7 2008

Sold

sold!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎