X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, Mike OG !!

I moved Mike's request for assistance here to the Bulletbird Forum in hopes someone can tell him how to hook up his heater, which he certainly needs more than the missing AC now! Can ya'll tell him how to get it hooked up again? Apparently, it is still there, but disconnected.
    Last edited by YellowRose; December 13, 2011, 12:28 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Mike OG
    • Dec 13 2011

first post

Thanks for the welcome. Just bought my 63 on Wednesday. Now for the question. Last owner removed all a/c parts and disconnected heater. Not too concerned about the a/c but I need to know how to re-connect the heater. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by YellowRose; December 13, 2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• ozbird
      Apprentice
      • Sep 21 2009

Hi Mike,

I have a 62 so pretty much the same as your car. You will see photos and threads about connecting heater hoses to the carb plate etc but mine is simple since the plate was long gone.

One 3/4" hose to the matching nipple on the firewall from the intake manifold water port and 5/8" from the water pump outlet to the other nipple. That all assumes you have the heater core still installed, if not that is another story. You would have to figure out was is missing then order new or second hand parts from the tbird vendors.

There may be a reason it was disconnected, keep a lookout for leaks on the carpet, that will need another thread!!

Graeme
      Last edited by ozbird; December 15, 2011, 05:28 AM. Reason: Size of smaller hose corrected

Comment

• Mike OG
        • Dec 13 2011

heater connection

Thanks for the info. The heater core is indeed still there. I finally contacted the last owner who recently moved to Belize. He claims that the heater and a/c were disconnected due to a leak in the rad area. Once the rad was replacd the leak was gone. But....so was the a/c and the heat. I will try and hook up the heater as you suggested and see what happens. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎