No announcement yet.

convertible top

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

convertible top

Just bought a 59 convertible....after buying the 60 sun roof car last month, I had looked at this car months before but it was not for sale, believe it or not it was one of 23 T-birds stored for 15 years in an old barn, these were all sold to a collector when the owner died, I met the new owner and he sold me the 59....he has five others....one of my problems, the top has been down for 15 years, is in good shape but has many rinkles in it, any way to get them out quickly or do I just have to let time do it. Also the car seems to run very hot, it has a new carb and fresh coolent, i have not driven it on the street but left idling for about ten minutes starts to puke out the over flow , any ideas....I am sure I will have other questions in the future about this car. thanks Mike

The overheating is with 99% certainty the thermostat. If it sat that long it's probably rusted shut.

Comment

running hot

Originally posted by greasywrench
      The overheating is with 99% certainty the thermostat. If it sat that long it's probably rusted shut.
      Which thermostat do I use on this car, I am going to replace the hoses also.

Comment

• byersmtrco
        Super-Experienced
        • Sep 28 2004

Put a 180 in it. Do a coolant flush.

Comment

• byersmtrco
          Super-Experienced
          • Sep 28 2004

If the top fits right, just leave it up. The rinkles will come out. Wash it w/soap & warm water and park it in the sun. Mild dish soap works good.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎