X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Possible Wind Deflector & Parts For Golde Tops

I received this email from Stan Chamallas. He is not a member of the Forum, but is a Squarebird fan. Here are some parts that he has available that might fit our Golde Tops. From what I have read and been told, many parts on other makes of cars with sliding roofs made by the Golde Company, like BMW's, will also fit our '60 Gold Tops. If you need the following parts, you might want to contact him about this. If you do obtain these parts and find that they work on your Golde Top, please let us know so that others who need these parts will know. This could be a new source of much needed parts. Here is what Stan had to say.

"Hi Ray,

I am a fan of the square bird and owned one back in the early 1970's. Currently I have a 1973 BMW 3.0 CS. My car has a Golde sunroof.

I was unable to find parts for the pop up wind deflector option for this car so after finding some parts, I reverse engineered some parts.

The available parts include:

torsion springs
    plastic sunroof guides
    hinges
    and the deflector itself

Let me know if these parts work in the 'bird...

Stan Chamallas
    stan.chamallas@me.com "

Here the two pix of the parts he sent me. Notice that the wind deflector looks nothing like the OEM one used on our Squarebird Gold Top, but might do the trick if you do not mind using a non-OEM item.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; December 30, 2012, 02:18 AM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎