X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Landon1119
    • May 5 2013

Hubcaps

Hey fellas,
    I hope you all had a great thanksgiving! I had to put another notch in my belt LOL!

I just got 4 brand new tires today, and I was wondering if anyone had two extra stock hubcaps lying around! I have two stock caps already, so I'm just looking for two more I can put on the bird and make her look pretty! Happy Holidays!

Thanks all,
    Landon

Landon, what year bird do you have? I have 3 extra 58 caps. Pic is posted below.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Tbird1044
      Super-Experienced
      • Jul 31 2012

Landon:
      I believe you have a 60. If so, I have 2 hub caps I would sell for $30/pr and they are in fair condition. Here is also a listing on C/L for a set of 4 for $100: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...230319768.html
      There are also some listed on Ebay if you search around. Prices vary greatly.

Nyles

Comment

• Alan H. Tast, AIA
        Experienced
        • Jan 5 2008

For the record:

A "hubcap" just literally covers the hub. In context of wheels/tires, it would cover the center of the wheel, but not the entire wheel. Some also call these "dog dishes" or "poverty caps" as they were a base-model item. On '58-'60 'Birds, this is about 10-1/2" in diameter and goes over the nubs that are stamped into the wheel center outboard of the lug nuts.

A "wheel cover" covers the rim up to the edge of it. Also known as a "full wheel cover."

Sorry, it's one of those "pet peeves" I have when people describe car parts...
        Alan H. Tast AIA, LEED AP BD+C
        Technical Director/Past President, Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
        Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎