No announcement yet.

golde top 60 t-bird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

golde top 60 t-bird

We have just bought a 60 bird with a sun roof. Does that mean it is a golde top? Is there anyway of finding out for sure if it came from the factory that way, maybe by the vin# or something like that. I believe this car is all original and we are restoring it. the interior is in excellent shape. I also am getting the impression that these are quite rare, is that true? Thanks for your help Vickie
  • Rockin Kev
    Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

RE: golde top 60 t-bird

Hi Vikie
    Ford made 2536 sunroof models in 1960 of which 377 were fitted with the Lincoln 430ci engine. Today these cars are very rare and more collectable than when they were new. The name Golde comes from the makers of the sunroof Golde sunroofs based in Frankfort am Main Germany so if you read the the article i have put on this forum you will understand the history of the company. Well its just great your going to restore a sunroof model as they are rare and well worth restoring!!!. So what options have you got on your Bird and how about some photos for the members ride section?. If you have heard of gold painted roofs its a myth the Golde name comes from the sunroof maker!.
    Iam very happy to have another Golde Thunderbird on this forum and iam sure the webmaster Alex will be aswell as these Birds are now very rare as i have been offered money for my sunroof model from Florida to Texas for mine and i live in England!!.
    So you see you will not waste your money on this car so welcome to this forum and all the help you need is on hand here.
    Kev 60 Sunroof
    Thunderbirds of England.

Comment

• Rockin Kev
      Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

One other point these TBirds did not have there own Vin number but they did have there own production line at Wixom for the installation of the sunroof and interior trim parts before being put back into the main production line for finishing.

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

Welcome Vickie,

If the roof looks like the one on this page, http://www.squarebirds.org/sunroof_technical.htm , then it is original. As Kevin says these cars are quite rare.

It is great that we have another Golde Top owner on this board.

Tell us if you need any help.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰