• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

Rendered Speculation: Another take on a new Ford Capri

Filed under: Coupes, Ford, Rendered Speculation
    The original Ford Capri was born in the early '70s as sort of a European take on the all-American Mustang and it looks like Ford may be on the verge of reviving the nameplate. Now that the Volkswagen has brought back the Scirocco (in Europe at least) Ford looks set to create a coupe off the Focus platform with the old name. Unlike another rendering we saw last month, this one doesn't have the rear fender vents, but sticks with the current fashion of front fender openings (or at least the appearance of openings). The style of this rendering takes the kinetic design language of Ford's Euro line and applies it to a shooting brake-style coupe very similar to the Volvo C30 (which also sits on the Focus C1 platform) and mixes in hints of the Mazda RX-8. At least it's all being kept in the family. If this new Capri does happen, it likely won't appear before the early years of the next decade, although a concept could appear somewhere in 2009.

[Source: AutoExpress]
    Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

Mercury Capri

Wasen't it the Mercury Capri ? (1979-1986) ?

Comment

Yes It Was

Comment

• SandyBoy
        Super-Experienced
        • Oct 31 2002

I own

a 1986 Mercury Capri asc McLaren Bubble-Back Coupe, with all Capri Options (except the t-Tops) and every ascMcLaren Option. It's an instant classic and I've only put 866 miles on it in 20 years. It stops traffic when ever I let it out. 3.73 gears, McLaren worked engine, bone stock after leaving ascMcLaren, I added nothing. Medium Grey Metallic, Popsicle Orange Campignoli rims, 60-series tires, Pwr. Wind. A/C Alpine 7272 Stereo/Cassette, HD cooling + loads more. 3 Trophies. Dual Straighrt Thru exhausts, chromed tips. DynaMax Mufflers.

Comment

• fomoco59
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 10 2005

My son recently sold his '87 Capri.. a rocket.
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          Mike Lemmon
          '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• SandyBoy
            Super-Experienced
            • Oct 31 2002

N * I * C * E

Comment

Working...