Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 62bird86
    • Aug 18 2011

Paint question

Hello all, I have a '62 hardtop and I'm looking into re-painting it in the future so I am starting my research ahead of time. I'd like to go with the Raven Black but I'm wondering where I would find this color. If it is out there, how similar is "Raven Black" from one manufacturer to the next? I'm looking to do this from bare metal as well so is there any kind/color primer that should be specifically used under it? Also if you have any experience with this color or any advice whatsoever, please share. I'm in Ontario, Canada if that helps at all.
    Thanks in advance
    Chris
    1962 Ford Thunderbird Hardtop
  • Joe Johnston
    Super-Experienced
    • Dec 23 2008

Any major manufacturer of paint (PPG, DuPont, and others) can mix the formula. They just look it up and follow the numbers - no problem. If you don't have a an auto parts store selling paint products, a large body shop might mix and sell the paint to you. Use whatever supplier is available in your area, but stay with one brand from bare metal to finish paint. Don't be tempted to skip steps or use off brand primers, sealers or whatever when doing the prep work as products need to be compatable.

Comment

• 62bird86
      • Aug 18 2011

Thanks for the input Joe, so far all I've done is a bit of rust repair so I'll stay in touch on the rest of the progress. I'm sure there will be more questions!
      Chris
      1962 Ford Thunderbird Hardtop

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎