X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onebad67
    Apprentice
    • Mar 18 2015

Diy alignment

Ok guys here we go again bare with me I'm getting close to figure ing this out after talking to John yesterday I am comfortable with rotors calipers and spindle knuckle all being correct . I noticed last night that there seems to be alot of negative camber in the wheels so much that calipers bind on rotors when t try to slide them on . My question is does anyone know of a way to adjust the camber without the alignment tool as I have searched and can't find one I am in a massive time crunch so any info will help
  • Joe Johnston
    Super-Experienced
    • Dec 23 2008

If the car is on a good concrete garage floor, eyeball it to a carpenter's framing square. Will be close for the short term.

Comment

• jopizz
      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

You want about 1/2 degree positive camber. You can try using a level to get it even from top to bottom and then adjust it so it tilts out a hair. Without having a degree tool that's probably about the best you are going to do.

John
      Last edited by jopizz; September 28, 2017, 03:25 PM.
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Going by the diagram I can see what you are talking about regarding the tool. I imagine it's doable without it.

John
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jopizz; September 28, 2017, 03:20 PM.
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎