Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • my61brd
    Apprentice
    • Jun 4 2009

Are you looking for a particular color combo?
    I know of a '63 that might still be For Sale.
    If you're interested,I can go by and check it out.
    If it is still F/S,You can probably get it for under $5000.
    It does run,it's clean and I didn't see any rust.
    Let me know if you're interested.

Comment

• DKheld
      Super-Experienced
      • Aug 27 2008

Probably not supposed to plug other sites but I use Searchtempest to search Craigslist. It will search in nearby towns or states depending on your mileage distance entry from your zip.
      Maybe you will have better luck finding one close by than on ebay. I searched within 250 miles of my zip and only found 1 '63 @ $9500 - no rust, looked good, but leaking oil in need of front suspension work, in Georgia - not the best candidate but maybe what you are looking for?

Search by state, driving distance, or just search all of Facebook Marketplace*, craigslist*, eBay and more. The most trusted classifieds search engine. *Not affiliated with Facebook or craigslist.

Hope that helps,
      Eric
      registry 5347

Comment

• Dakota Boy
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 30 2009

there is a nice looking '63 on ebay right now.

its in New York. Red hardtop.

seller relisted it starting at 7800 bucks.
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• Coral
          Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

bul-lit hasn't been back since 12-17 ...maybe he found something or got tired of looking...

Comment

• novanutcase
            • Dec 15 2009

Bul-it,

I have a '61 for sale but my sale price is higher than what you are looking to spend. I will say that, as mentioned before, to restore ANY classic HAS to be a passion rather than trying to break even or make money. The price I'm looking for is but a drop in the bucket to the money I've spent on it over the years. It's always better(and cheaper!) to buy the best car you can and then do whatever added modifications you want to do to the car to personalize it for yourself. I know you know this but I just thought I'd reiterate.

Specs include:

Single stage tuxedo black paint(the way they did it originally!) - body is rust free

All suspension has been re-bushed and suspension components have been powdercoated black along with choice engine tins and bumper brackets. New HD front sway bar and new HD shocks all around. Stock springs have been cut to lower the front end of the car and give it a more updated stance. No scraping issues as of yet.

Bumpers were triple chromed to show quality standards.

Front brakes were converted to '65 Kelsey-Hayes Disc Brakes. All components were inspected and powdercoated accordingly. Calipers were PCed red. Rear drums were replaced with new ones and painted black. All new brake lines. Aftermarket proportioning valve for front to rear brake bias adjustment.

Engine, Trans and differential have around 700 miles on them and were rebuilt by Nicks T-Birds in Canoga Park, Ca. Fuel system includes new SS fuel lines, new fuel pump, new tank, new sending unit. Rebuilt carburetor has less than 200 miles on it. I added a fuel pressure gauge in the bay to monitor pump efficiency along with hard lining everything from the pump to the carb. Pertronix in the dizzy.

Car is an original black plate Cali car and has never left the state. Still have the original black plates for it.

I converted the original clock to a tachometer and made it look as stock as possible.

Aftermarket wheels were used but prior to that I had a set of replica roadster wheels on it. Wheels are Coys C-5 17 x 8 with a set of BFG G-Force Sport 225/55/17 tires. They have around 400 miles on them.

Interior could use a little freshening up but other than that the car is as solid as they come.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to restoring or modifying things on my cars so I'm sure the standard that I've used to build the 'Bird is pretty high. Whoever buys the car will get to enjoy that standard. When I drive the car to cruise-ins I always get tons of complements on it. I've won a few awards at local shows but I've refused them as winning awards has never been my intent for the 'Bird. Plus I hate the whole politics of award shows so it's better if I just opt myself out of it.

If you're wondering why I'm selling the car, I've owned the 'Bird for 15+ years now. I'm building an open track classic car(1966 Chevy Nova) so I need to make room in the garage for it.

John
            Last edited by novanutcase; January 12, 2010, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Hey John,
              She is gorgeous!!!
              Richard D. Hord

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

I agree... simply stunning... and everything is DONE! I don't know what you're asking, but I know what you spent. Nice piece, John.
                Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• ozbird
                  Apprentice
                  • Sep 21 2009

Wahhh!!??

I can't believe your pictures would stop appearing, especially in the VTCI forums - that would/will be a sad day!!

Hopefully if you do sell John, you will still 'check in' regularly and post responses when appropriate?

Are you going to put a 'for sale' message in the forums, might be a good idea since you and the car are so well known?

Best of luck with it - - - Graeme

Comment

• novanutcase
                    • Dec 15 2009

Originally posted by Richard D. Hord
                    Hey John,
                    She is gorgeous!!!
                    Richard D. Hord
                    Originally posted by simplyconnected
                    I agree... simply stunning... and everything is DONE! I don't know what you're asking, but I know what you spent. Nice piece, John.
                    Originally posted by ozbird
                    I can't believe your pictures would stop appearing, especially in the VTCI forums - that would/will be a sad day!!

Hopefully if you do sell John, you will still 'check in' regularly and post responses when appropriate?

Are you going to put a 'for sale' message in the forums, might be a good idea since you and the car are so well known?

Best of luck with it - - - Graeme
                    Thank you guys! I appreciate the words of encouragement!

LOL! Graeme....although I have the car for sale I haven't really "tried" to sell her. My friend keeps telling me "If you really wanted to sell the car you would put it in the paper!" LOL! She is so much fun to cruise around in. Out here in sunny SoCal I get to do that alot especially since Bob's Big Boy(A local hangout for a lot of the hotrodders in the area) is very close to me. I get a lot of female response to the car! It's hard to sell such a babe magnet but I gotta make room for this:

He's(He's not a she. WAY to powerful to be a she!! LOL!) gonna be an open track car once it gets off the show circuit. Kind of a dream car that I've always wanted to build and drive. I'm also thinking of driving him on the Power Tour!!!

Quick specs:

Full tube chassis
                    Blown LS3-Looking to make around 650hp
                    Custom C6R Corvette road race suspension
                    C6 Corvette T-56/6 speed Transaxle

If you're interested in the Nova build you can see him coming together here:

Thanks for the interest Gents(and Ladies!!)

John

P.S. T-Birds will always be a favorite of mine so of course I'll be hanging out at the VTCI regardless of whether I have a 'Bird or not. I just won't be making homemade tachometers with bowling balls!! LOL!!!

P.S.S. Thanks for regarding my VTCI posts as "appropriate"! Hahahaha.........
                    Last edited by novanutcase; January 12, 2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎