Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17" x 8" alloys with 0 offset fitment advise please.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uaesquarebird
    • Mar 2 2015

17" x 8" alloys with 0 offset fitment advise please.

Hi Guys

My car is nearing completion but needs new boots.
    I can either ship in the Coker whitewalls tyres from the U.S. And use the 14" steel wheels or for a little cheaper purchase 17 x 8 alloys with 0 degree offset with tyres in this country.
    No one here does 17 x 7 with 0 degree offset.
    Can anyone tell me if they will fit without any fitment issues / spacers required?
    Thanks
    Rob.
  • Ford351c594
    Experienced
    • Mar 6 2015

for what it is worth you should be fine. I have purchased a wheel rite as I wanted to run very big wheels. Well not super big, just 20's. 0 offset is the way to go. You can add up to 6mm of offset in the rear to get a staggered look although it is not that much. you can actually run a decent sized tire with this as well. Stay around 25in tall all the way around and you should be fine.

Comment

• uaesquarebird
      • Mar 2 2015

thank you for the advise.
      i really stuggle getting any parts here, any car pre 1990 is rare.

Comment

• Yadkin
        Banned
        • Aug 11 2012

Originally posted by Ford351c594
        for what it is worth you should be fine. I have purchased a wheel rite as I wanted to run very big wheels. Well not super big, just 20's. 0 offset is the way to go. You can add up to 6mm of offset in the rear to get a staggered look although it is not that much. you can actually run a decent sized tire with this as well. Stay around 25in tall all the way around and you should be fine.
        Show pictures of this set up!

Comment

• Ford351c594
          Experienced
          • Mar 6 2015

Originally posted by Yadkin
          Show pictures of this set up!
          they are not on the car yet!!! LOL I will as soon as it is on. I have them in boxes. I only tested it all with a wheel rite.

Soon.........very soon

Comment

• dgs
            Super-Experienced
            • Feb 13 2003

I'm running 17" x 8" zero offset Boyd Junkyard Dogs with 235/55R17 Pirellis and they work quite well.

I disagree with Ford351c594 a little in that I'd go taller than 25". The original bias tires were either 27 5/8" or 28" tall, so I'd try to get closer to that. My Pirellis are 27 3/16" tall and fill the wheel wells nicely, I think.

See more here.
            DGS (aka salguod)
            1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
            www.salguod.net

Comment

• Ford351c594
              Experienced
              • Mar 6 2015

yep what DGS said, you can fit taller. I have moc-ed up to a 22 on the car and have a ton of room left. I don't know what I was thinking on the 25 inches. I was thinking 27 and typed 25. I ultimately decided against the 22 due to the massive increase in cost for the extra 2 inches...

but you still should be fine on your original post numbers.

Comment

• uaesquarebird
                • Mar 2 2015

Thanks for the help and advise guys,
                I chickened out and ordered coker whitewalls for the standard rims in the end.
                The hassle trying to get good quality wheels and tires here in the UAE was unreal.
                Now onto the next issue..........

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎