X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NW66Tbird
    • Jan 5 2015

Size and length of all vacuum hoses?

Hello,

Does anyone know what diameter vacuum hoses, and the length of hose I would need to replace all of the hoses in a 1966 Tbird? I would like to replace everything (engine, locks, ebrake, vents, anything under the dash, etc.). A rough bulk estimate would be ok also.

Thank you!

-Jason
  • FARONZ 66 Q CODE
    • Sep 25 2013

Originally posted by NW66Tbird
    Hello,

Does anyone know what diameter vacuum hoses, and the length of hose I would need to replace all of the hoses in a 1966 Tbird? I would like to replace everything (engine, locks, ebrake, vents, anything under the dash, etc.). A rough bulk estimate would be ok also.

Thank you!

-Jason
    I'm on board with this request......would be nice to know the sizes and required lengths before tearing into the dash, etc.....

all the diagrams never state the original factory sizes....Lord knows what the last owner / "mechanic " decided was " good enough "

Thanks, Faron

Comment

• eades473
      • Dec 5 2015

this is a good request, surprised there are no answers

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

The answer is clearly stated in the Ford Parts and Accessories Catalogs as, "as required" but they do give diameters. These catalogs were used by dealerships that always kept spools of hoses in stock (doesn't everyone?). Bolts also fall in this category, showing size but sometimes the quantity is, 'AR'.

Notice that the parts houses don't sell kits of hoses but they will sell sizes by the foot.

Electrical wiring is understood to come in harnesses but they were assembled from rolls of individual conductors.

It would be impossible to show lengths of hard brake line or fuel line, electrical wire and rubber hoses. We already have old ones to match so measure them. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• NW66Tbird
          • Jan 5 2015

I'm planning on measuring all of the vacuum lines this spring when I get around to this. I've already got server spools of vac line, I just haven't had time to pull the dash and replace everything yet. I'll post back with my findings when I get it done.

Comment

• arizonajack
            Experienced
            • Oct 15 2013

Originally posted by simplyconnected
            always kept spools of hoses in stock (doesn't everyone?).
            Right.

Years ago I went to an auto supply wholesaler and bought spools of various sizes of rubber hose. They will probably last me the rest of my life and eliminate running to the parts store to buy by the foot.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎