X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

'60TbirdLady's '60 Tbird HT

Linda, being new, does not yet have full access to the forums, though she can send PM's. She said I could post the pics I have of her pretty Tbird. Here is some of what she had to say.

"Yes please, go ahead and post the pictures of my car, I have no idea how to do it yet anyway.

It is not the original color, more of an Indian turquoise blue, the interior is black. She does present herself well, I could stand to do a complete new paint job like Brandon is doing, but I am forgiving the Garage Queen her little issues! So let's see, I bought her off of eBay a year ago in July. Saw it one morning and owned it that night. Was not particularly even looking for one, but there she was and I could not say no.

I have had some work done, detent plate, motor mounts, windows still have some issues, but she is garaged and that's a project for later, I do need to have the steering wheel redone. If you know anyone who has one for sale, let me know, it is white. The tires are 4 ply...NOT fun on uneven ground or going fast. But I am getting used to them.

Thanks, take care
    Linda"

Now here are the two pictures I have to share with you so far. If Linda sends me more, I will share them with you. I good shot of the engine compartment, and interior would be nice!
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Looks Sweet!!!
    Regarding restoration of the steering wheel, Jed Zimmerman is "da man" to look up.
    Hereīs what he wrote on another thread:

Folks, I believe I may have misquoted several Tbird owners on my cost to restore steering wheels. I know I had emailed with a gentleman in Canada and told him $350 for the wheel resto. Thought that person was Dan, but he told me it wasn’t. Just now can’t find in my archives who that person was. However, I had told Anders the same thing and in finally typing up my msword proposal for him I found that the cost should be $250 instead. So just figured it easiest to make this information available to all on the Squarebird list. The rear seat foams are $350 and the wheel restos are $250. Sorry for any mis-information I had conveyed previously to some folks.

Best Birding,
    Jed Zimmerman
    612-708-2144
    ‘58HT still for sale in MN
    Last edited by Anders; November 23, 2008, 05:28 PM.
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• bcomo
      Super-Experienced
      • Sep 23 2005

Very nice car -- and welcome to the forum. I can see why you "had" to buy her.

Let us know if we can help with anything.
      Bart
      1960 Hard Top/430
      Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

More comments from Linda. She cannot post yet because she has not been moderated yet.

"I am in Orange County, CA. I am pretty sure the interior is vinyl also, I will have to check that out, but the roof has a grain in it and is really pretty. (Rays note: The seats are all black. Cant tell from the picture if it is leather though) I have a 352 in it. It has been modified with a PVC to keep some of the exhaust from killing me...it also has headers on it. So it is not stock. Also the horn doesn't work, the ring is broken, actually I THINK it honks (I was told it does anyway but in 1 spot only and I can't find it). I had a '57 Ford and then a '69 Dodge Coronet RT...440..stick, my first love, boy do I wish I had it now...

As for names for 'our' Bird, some how I don't think you can repeat them in a public forum...ha ha, but it has to be the Garage Queen, I can't think of anything else that makes sense at the moment and being a woman...don't quite think Thelma or Louise is good!"

Here are some questions she has...

"I also have the original wire hub caps, but these came on it and I like them. Radio does not work. Heater only works in the summer from the engine heat...ha ha and the air is not connected. I seem to have a box of parts, so if anyone wants to come and visit feel free to view the mystery part box...

My next project is to get the generator out and put a 1 wire alternator in, being single and not happy about the thought of getting it stuck somewhere. But it started the third time after 7 weeks of not once trying. Also if I only drive it 80 miles a month, how often do I need to change the oil? Then that is another issue which grade goes in and what type of power steering oil and power brakes? How often? I also have not had the tranny oil done, how bad am I?"

Here are some more pix Linda sent me.. Enjoy!
        Attached Files

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Anders
          Super-Experienced
          • Jan 19 2008

About the horn, min works like this: Push on the left side of the horn-ring, or pull on the right side as the contact is somewhere 10 o clock in the centre.

Comment

• '60TBirdLady
            • Nov 22 2008

Hi Little Darlin Ruth~

I just went out and tried the push, pull theory on my steering wheel..it didn't work...oh well, add that to my Xmas list maybe?

Comment

• Anders
              Super-Experienced
              • Jan 19 2008

Right,
              Try to look into, from upside between the steering wheel and the steering collumn if you can see the little contact. Then check if it reach the steering collumn when you press the horn. If not, there is too much gap, ( mine was like that when i bought the car ) and you can adjust this by loosing the two BIG screws under the dash where the steering is connected to the dash. Then you need to pull the steering collumn towards ( up ) the steering wheel, and fasten the screws again. Usually, this require 3 hands and quite a strong arm as well. Then the distance between the contact and contact plate is shorter, and you should be able to honk again.
              If your contact reach the contact plate when you look from upside and push the hornring, well, then you have another problem that I hade...
              Best of luck.
              Btw: Thatīs a GREAT looking car you got!
              Last edited by Anders; November 29, 2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Penelope
                Super-Experienced
                • Mar 4 2008

I second Anders' comment - that is a great looking car you have Linda. There is something about turquoise and these cars, it just works.

Bill
                sigpicBill
                Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                  Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Linda welcome to our site and you will find that their are many experienced members to help you along the way.Ray is one of them as you can see and if I can help in any way send me a pm e-mail. From the looks of your back seat and the ribbing design, I would say you have leather seats. My 60HT is similar in design and are very practical to keep clean as well as comfortable. It appears that Ford finally got the seating right in the last production year of the squarebirds. It is hoped that you also have factory air in your neck of the woods.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                  Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                  Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• lawyercalif
                    Experienced
                    • May 12 2011

What ever happened to Linda? I love the color of her car. It looks very close to the color I am going to paint my 59 convertible (58 Chevy Cashmere Blue).

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Daniel, it has been quite some time since I have heard from Linda. People come and go, as things in their life change. Her Tbird does look really nice in that color. It is a pretty one. Good luck with yours!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎