This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Assembly worker contacted on last Thunderbird!!!

Just so ya'll know, I am traveling this weekend into next. Greg, I might not be able to post your pix until I get back, but I will.. Kev, in answer to your questions regarding Golde Tops, here is what Bob had to say about them.. I do not know at which stage the cars went through water testing. I gather after they had come off the line, and they went though road testing also..

Ray, As I remember all golde tops came down the line with the rest of the birds,as they were all run through the water test booth. The ones that leaked were set aside for water test repair in a separate area. Golde tops were invented in Germany and later became American Sunroof and owner was Heinz Prector. He later committed suicide. American Sunroof was in a separate factory across the street. Employees would drive the cars over to them. Later we did the sunroofs in our own plant. The unit was made by a company called Webasco near Flint mi. and sent to our plant for installation.--BOB

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 05-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Experienced

Rockin Kev is on a distinguished road
Smile time is a vertue

Quote:
Originally Posted by trim code 76 View Post
First regarding Rockin Kev..............A word to the wise "NEVER TRUST THE BRITISH!!!!!!" LOL (so as nobody is affended, Kevin and myself are very good friends in case you could not tell!) Ok, I just went up to see the car after being painted. All I can say again is WOW! A fantastic job of recreating a factory paint job!! the attention to detail in recreating the factory look of correct type of "runs and folds" in the paint in the door jambs and under the trunk and hood. He recreated them where they were before and made them look just right. A VERY talented man. It still needs to be rubbed out. He said painting old school enamel without clear coat (single stage ) is VERY HARD IN METALIC. There is no room for errors! I sent the pics to Ray so hopefully they will be on the website soon, that is if we can get Ray to actually do something on this site!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!! I just got done talking to the lady who did the imfamous newspaper article and she is going to do a taped interview of a conversation with the guy we talked about on the assembly line!!!!! It will be posted!!!!! Everybody get ready to copy that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Excited today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greg
Ray, I just recieved word that there are now ten car clubs that want you to investigate who has the last car made on 13 different makes. I will send you the list shortly. Hello? ......Ray.....are you there?.......Ray?................................. .......................................... somebody call 911!!!LOL
Never trust the British???.. i remember a certain gentleman taking Rachel and myself to a nice quite restaurant in up sate Washington a place called Port Townsend, a funky Fish Restaurant with a twist.
Word to the wise Never go to a place with someone with strange dress sense!!!!..so do i post pictures?...hmmm i think not!..lol 2010 Mr Prince cannot come quick enough for me and OUR road trip in the UK.
Kev
Old 05-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Experienced

frank58 is on a distinguished road

I wish Alexander was here for this history making info...........
Great work guys.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Frank58 yes Alexander would have been extremely proud about two (2) things. One (1) that this site has grown tremendously in size both daily / weekly usage and member count and two (2) the very talented and dedicated members that have kept this site and his legacy alive.I am sure he is smiling that Yellowrose and others have taken the lead.
58HT #33317
Old 05-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Experienced

trim code 76 is on a distinguished road

dan,
I could not have put it better myself! Well done!
Greg. T minus 4 days until the bird is back in her "cage"!!
Greg
Old 05-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

I never had the pleasure of meeting Alexander, but still feel I know a bit of his desires with these 'birds, and honestly I can't see a better tribute TO him, than the growth and popularity of this forum!

I would like to ask the Admin...just how to set up a poll...
I am curious just how many are regular members versus supporting members, and how long it took for them to GET to that point....I myself can't recall when I joined up, until I thought to myself I need to do something more...but I can't tell ya'll how happy skippy I was to get my Squarebirds decal in the mail!

Say Greg....curious, have you been in any contact with the party you purchased your bird from about the developments we've been going through?

Have you thought of a name?

Last edited by Coral : 05-18-2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: last questions...
Old 05-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Experienced

trim code 76 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Coral,
I will be surprising the previous owner when I give her a ride in the car this summer on the way to the western regionals for VTCI in Spokane WA this July. As for a name...........??????? ideas????

I just got done giving John Rotella all the info, history and pics of the car. He is going to make a special place for it on the registery site. I have been told to approach some of the main magazines on the story. We will see what happens. Drive the car back on this Thursday morning!!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Super-Experienced

Name: Phattie
( cause it ain't over til the fat lady sings... )
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/astikennels/****2.gif[/IMG]

Sorry, the door was WIDE open on that one, had to...

Like I said to Penelope, sit in the car, give it a bath (in this case, well ya know...) start talking outloud to the car having a convo...the name will come to you

When I saw all that silver Zena popped into my head...assuming here that she's a SHE...LOL

all of us car nuts goofy or what?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Super-Experienced

GTE427 is on a distinguished road

I noticed the TBird Registry has already been updated claiming the the last Squarebird has been located, also that Legendary Ford Mag will be running a story on it, see the right hand column on the Home page.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Super-Experienced

yeah, I saw that last night when I went looking for the '63 bully I sent John...he emailed me and said he had it up...
but I can't find it....LOL

Guess we all need to clean up our PM boxes and tidy the place up a bit...pretty soon its gonna be standing room only here!