X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry Tappen
    Experienced
    • May 5 2017

drivers door handle actuator

I have a 64 bird.the drivers door handle actuator spring is broken. is there a replacement for this part? I can't find one anywhere. all parts dealers want to rebuild mine but all I need is the spring. thanks for help, larry.
  • OUR5T8BIRD
    Experienced
    • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by Larry Tappen
    I have a 64 bird.the drivers door handle actuator spring is broken. is there a replacement for this part? I can't find one anywhere. all parts dealers want to rebuild mine but all I need is the spring. thanks for help, larry.
    Inside or outside door handle ?

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Give us an idea by part number:

Here's a closer view:

Hope this helps. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
        Experienced
        • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by simplyconnected
        Give us an idea by part number:

Here's a closer view:

Hope this helps. - Dave
        For inside it is part # 21818 and comes as an assembly . For out side it is part of 22454 and comes as a kit back in the day . May have a used spring if that helps him .

Comment

• Larry Tappen
          Experienced
          • May 5 2017

inside door actuator

sorry . the door actuator is for the inside door handle. seems everyone wants to either sell a new one or rebuild the old one. al I need is the spring. one parts dealer wants to rebuild the old one, told him all I wanted was the spring,said he didn't have because they send them out for rebuild. if I knew the rebuild company I think they would sell just the spring. t bird vender wouldn't tell me the name of the rebuilder

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
            Experienced
            • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by Larry Tappen
            sorry . the door actuator is for the inside door handle. seems everyone wants to either sell a new one or rebuild the old one. al I need is the spring. one parts dealer wants to rebuild the old one, told him all I wanted was the spring,said he didn't have because they send them out for rebuild. if I knew the rebuild company I think they would sell just the spring. t bird vender wouldn't tell me the name of the rebuilder
            That small pivot spring is around the shaft and sandwiched between two metal pieces welded together. Don't think you could change the spring . I have seen them use a regular spring on the pivot to any convenient hole in the door . Most used units that have the broken spring are from the driver door as it gets most use . Good luck in our repair.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎