X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

Originally posted by chewrocks
    The company that makes the 50 ford/thunderbird kit is called easyrods. Here is a link to a lode of pictures of finished cars. If you go to thier home page there are some cool pics of a 57 chev kit that is applied to a Camero.
    Interesting but I don't think that 57 looks right... So I could take my Camaro which looks like this.

and make it look like this?

I don't think it flows right, but it would be one way to get a cheap good driving 57. I think it might have worked better if they had use a 55 or 56 Belair body.

Actually what might work would be an Olds Dynamic 88 body line...

Comment

• Coral
      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

well, RustyNCa....personally, Im diggin' the 57 conversion of the camaro .... we keep this stuff up and Coral might end up looking like something else...

JUST KIDDING <I could hear gasps from around the world>

Comment

• Anders
        Super-Experienced
        • Jan 19 2008

Wierd! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? Would actually look a lot better with steel rims & hub caps.

Except for the wheels, G R E A T car!
        sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• RustyNCa
          Super-Experienced
          • May 31 2007

[QUOTE=Anders Myrberg;35225]Wierd! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? Would actually look a lot better with steel rims & hub caps.

Except for the wheels, G R E A T car!
          [QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree they shouldn't have run the C5 corvette wheels on it.

And again I agree the old Dynamic bubble tops are nice. I have a friend in the middle of building one.

His won't remotely stock however. He is running a twin turboed LS-6 with a six speed auto, C5 running gear on an Art Morris chassis.

Here are some photos he has sent me of it.

Comment

• Anders
            Super-Experienced
            • Jan 19 2008

Canīt figure out why some think an old body looks better with new wheels In my opinion, it dates the car way to much as wheels are so short term modern. Like Radios / CDīs etc.
            Like tatoos You can usally see when it was done by the symbol / picture...
            sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Coral
              Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

those tires don't even make sense on that car....

Comment

• dgs
                Super-Experienced
                • Feb 13 2003

That '57 Chevy is actually a late model (Generation 4) Camaro with a body kit made by Easy Rods, I think. Interesting, but the proportions are odd.

The Olds would have looked better with more of the chrome left on it. Wheels are too modern and too small.

I think the cars of '55 - '65 look fabulous with some larger wheels, but only if they are the right kind. Boyd, Foose and American Racing all make wheel styles in modern sizes that compliment the old styling. These cars drip with style, some new alloys and lowering and they look fantastic.
                DGS (aka salguod)
                1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
                www.salguod.net

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎