• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbird61
    Apprentice
    • Jan 2 2007

PCV on a 61?

Hi!

I was wondering if the 61 has a pcv setup or does it have a downdraft tube?

If it does not have a pcv system, can one be implementet by using the pcv port on my edelbrock 600cfm carb?

/Ronny
  • Hawkrod
    Experienced
    • Oct 31 2005

Most Tbirds had a PCV in 61. They are in the back of the intake and plumb into the carb spacer. Hawkrod

Comment

• texastomeh
      Apprentice
      • Aug 28 2007

thunderbird 61,

See my posting of a few weeks ago re the "Rube Goldberg" PCV on my '63 Bird. It looked exactly like the picture below that Hawkrod posted.

I say "looked" in the past tense because I did away with all the piping and "Y" fitting. I replaced it all with a hose from the crankcase fitting to the PVC Valve and another hose to the carb base. Works great and sure looks a LOT neater.

Good luck.

texastomeh

Comment

• thunderbird61
        Apprentice
        • Jan 2 2007

Originally posted by texastomeh
        thunderbird 61,

See my posting of a few weeks ago re the "Rube Goldberg" PCV on my '63 Bird. It looked exactly like the picture below that Hawkrod posted.

I say "looked" in the past tense because I did away with all the piping and "Y" fitting. I replaced it all with a hose from the crankcase fitting to the PVC Valve and another hose to the carb base. Works great and sure looks a LOT neater.

Good luck.

texastomeh
        Thanks for the info. Do you have a picture of this modification? Would be cool to see how it looks.

/Ronny

Comment

• texastomeh
          Apprentice
          • Aug 28 2007

'61,

I don't currently have any pictures, but will try to get some and post them.

Thanx for your interest!!

texastomeh

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎