X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Penelope
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 4 2008

Wedding

I was asked by our good friends and neighbours to use the T-Birds for their daughters wedding. Here are some shots the day before after a scrub up and polish in our back yard. Both performed well and didn't disgrace themselves...
    Attached Files
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

Looking good Bill. How did the Air-Con work?, good I hope.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• Penelope
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 4 2008

Cheers Chris, the air cons worked very well. The '59 got a bit hot but the '60 was fine. Bear in mind I was in Perth city traffic in the middle of a very hot day and I am happy with that result, so there is no doubt that the Evans Waterless Coolant works well, and that wyldie (one of our members) is an excellent air con / auto electrician as he installed both systems. Nice work Michael!

To totally eliminate any fear of overheating I am going to look into thermatic fans for the '59....

We have Super Roo Spares here in Perth where I will be spending a lot of time (and money) shortly restoring a '63 Falcon Delivery Van and they have a number of shrouds I might look at as well.
      sigpicBill

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Bill the " girls " look classic and regal as always.

We had my wife's 58 at our nieces wedding last year, for the photo shoot and to drive the bride & groom to the church. I bet you had BIG smiles from everyone
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Wedding

Congratulations, Bill! They sure looked nice! I am glad that the AC was working well on them, but I see the '59 could be doing better. I assume you have a 5 or 6 bladed fan on both of them. If not, you may want to upgrade them. Mine has a 6 bladed fan on it AND a shroud. If I remember correctly, mine was off a '63 Galaxy, and is metal. Of course you can get them in plastic that will fit right on, but I wanted to have a metal one. Electric fan(s) should help also. It sounds like you have a source there that might be able to locate what you need. The shroud and a fan should help improve things, I would think. Yes! it certainly helps to have a great AC guy and all around "wrencher" to work on stuff for you! Michael really seems to know his stuff!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Penelope
            Super-Experienced
            • Mar 4 2008

Thank you Dan and Ray, cheers for the tips Ray, I'm on it!!
            sigpicBill

Comment

• scumdog
              Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

They look flash Bill, a credit to your car-grooming skills!
              A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Penelope
                Super-Experienced
                • Mar 4 2008

Cheers Tom, and we were invaded by Kiwi's for the wedding as our neighbours are ex North Island (Hastings). There were about 20 Kiwi's there from both islands.

Couldn't talk any of them into preparing a hangi for me though... too much beer to drink !
                sigpicBill

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎